The global 3D bioprinting market size was valued at USD 1.4 billion in 2020 and is expected to expand at a compound annual growth rate (CAGR) of 15.8% from 2021 to 2028. The growth of this market is attributed to a limited number of organ donors, and an increasingly aging population with chronic respiratory diseases.
3D Bioprinting is a form of additive manufacturing that uses cells and other biocompatible materials as inks, also known as bioinks, to print living structures layer-by-layer which mimic the behavior of natural living systems.
Bioprinted structures, such as an organ-on-a-chip, can be used to study functions of a human body outside the body, in 3D. The geometry of a 3D bioprinted structure is more similar to that of a naturally occurring biological system than an in vitro study performed in 2D, and can be more biologically relevant. It’s used most commonly in the fields of tissue engineering and bioengineering, and materials science. 3D bioprinting is also increasingly used for pharmaceutical development and drug validation, and in the future will be used for medical applications in clinical settings – 3D printed skin grafts, bone grafts, implants, biomedical devices, and even full 3d printed organs are all active topics of bioprinting research.
How does 3D bioprinting work?
3D bioprinting starts with a model of a structure, which is recreated layer-by-layer out of a bioink either mixed with living cells, or seeded with cells after the print is complete. These starting models can come from anywhere – a CT or MRI scan, a computer generated design (CAD) program, or a file downloaded from the internet.
Key Player Mentioned:
Organovo Holdings, Inc.
Inventia Life Science PTY LTD
Vivax Bio, LLC
Cyfuse Biomedical K.K.
3D Bioprinting Solutions
Then you put that 3D model file into the slicer. A slicer is a special kind of computer program that analyzes the geometry of a model and, when stacked vertically, creates a series of thin layers or slices that form the shape of the original model. Cura and slic3r are examples of slicers commonly used in 3D printing. Allevi also has a special slicer specifically optimized for bioprinting built into our Allevi Bioprint software.
Product Segment Analysis:
Application Segment Analysis:
- Consumer/Personal Product Testing
- Food and Animal Product
Regional Segment Analysis: North America, Europe, Asia Pacific, Latin America, and Mideast and Africa.
In Asia Pacific, the market accounted for a revenue share of 23.4% in 2020 and is expected to continue its dominance over the forecast period. Japan and China accounted for the largest revenue share in the region due to the increasing incidence of COVID-19 cases and rising investment of the government in R&D. As per the World Meter Report 2021, around 87,706 active cases of Covid-19 were reported in China until 13 January 2021. Moreover, increasing the mortality rate due to COVID-19 and the shortage of organ donors is further anticipated to drive the market in this region.
Access Press Release @ https://www.grandviewresearch.com/press-release/global-3d-bioprinting-market
KEY aspects covered in the report include:
- The market size and industry growth rate of the global and regional market across various segments
- The region or the sub-segment that is expected to drive the 3D Bioprinting market in the forecast period 2021-2028
- Key companies operating in the global 3D Bioprinting market and their market share
- The Factors that are estimated to drive the 3D Bioprinting Market growth
- Key opportunities in the 3D Bioprinting market
- Key technological advancements and market trends that shape the market
Good Reasons to Buy a Global 3D Bioprinting Market Report:
- Offers detailed market breakdown and data triangulation that will help guide the market trends.
- The methodology used in the report gives the absolute authentic data that helps advising whether the market has an opportunity in the upcoming years.
- Provides a detail analysis about the Covid-19 impact on the market and how it will help boost the market in the near future.
- Give’s a thorough analyst’s viewpoint which guides the client through market collaterals for the better opportunities in the market.
- Pinpoints the most valued region and how the market can be expanded in the industry to generate more revenue with all the important government guidelines and environmental policies.
About Grand View Research
Grand View Research, Inc. is a U.S. based market research and consulting company, registered in the State of California and headquartered in San Francisco. The company provides syndicated research reports, customized research reports, and consulting services. To help clients make informed business decisions, we offer market intelligence studies ensuring relevant and fact-based research across a range of industries, from technology to chemicals, materials and healthcare.