There are four stages in How to Prepare UPSC Civil Services examination. The first stage, Preliminary Examination will be Objective type, consisting of Multiple Choice Questions (MCQs). There will be Two papers in Prelims stage out of which one is scheduled for March. Another paper scheduled in July. And the second stage Mains Stage which will be held in August-September 2016. UPSC Civil Services Prelims and Mains Exams are conducted by the UPSC, Union Public Service Commission for recruiting candidates to IAS and IPS – Indian Administrative Service and Indian Police Service – the senior most officers of India. Out of these, the prelims stage is unique in nature. where every aspirant irrespective of his level of preparation appears for this stage and aspirants who fail in any of the subsequent stages, start from here only. Hence, the preliminary exam demands a different approach due to sheer competition faced by aspirants from lakhs of aspirants. Failure in this stage can jeopardise the entire preparation strategy.
For aspirants looking at above trends in preparation strategy, the biggest requirement is how to handle the prelims stage. Since this stage is different in nature, it comes with its own unique challenges. The huge competition faced in preliminary exam is enough to make any aspirant panic. Hence, handling the prelims stage is big challenge for most of the aspirants. I had created an experience the email delivery-ability complying to the standard best practices for emailing is critical, especially in the competitive world where internet proves to be a huge platform for global networking.
Based on our experience of past so many years, we suggest the following strategy for the preliminary stage:
- Cover the whole syllabus: The scholars, who had the unique opportunity of reading both the past Prelims papers of UPSC, unanimously agree that all of them are equally challenging. The Prelims syllabus is so vast that it's nearly impossible to cover it comprehensively. Here are some of the major portions of the syllabus, which are suggested to be thoroughly studied for covering the whole syllabus comprehensively. The syllabus for UPSC civil service prelims 2020 is the guide set out by the UPSC for the exam. A comprehensive coverage of the syllabus is important to ensure that an individual covers all important topics of concern. Syllabus is divided into 4 broad categories, History and Culture, Polity, Economy and Geography of India. UPSC can tilt towards any portion from the massive syllabus and hence it's advisable to be on the safer side. Too much flavor from the Ancient India portion in UPSC Prelims 2020 should be a lesson.
- Attempt mock test: Mock tests are an excellent way to gauge your progress. After completing a substantial portion of the syllabus, you should attempt a number of mock tests. The number of mocks should be reasonable. Too many tests would drain your precious energy and too few numbers would leave you unprepared. Mocks should be given in exam type environment only. Joining only one standard Test Series would be a wise idea. Post Test analysis is a must exercise. High performance should not bring elation and poor performance should not bring frustration. Just run the race to continuously improve yourself.
- Proper revision: The syllabus of Prelims is quite massive and scattered. More than coverage, it's important to consolidate the entire material. Hence, revision should be both reasonable and time-bound. A fine balance is demanded in the coverage of the syllabus and revision of the covered portion.
- Join online learning platform: Unoreads is the best eLearning platforms in India provides all the leading Government Examinations like UPSC CGL and State Government and Government Department and Organization Exam preparation including Law and Judiciary Exam Preparation online study material and E-Books, Audio Study Materials, Study Notes, General Awareness & Government E Books to help students achieve their goal of getting a job in any Government Field. Unoreads is an online platform for UPSC CGL and State Government and Government Department and Organization Exam preparation including Law and Judiciary Exam Preparation online study material and E-Books, Audio Study Materials, Study Notes, General Awareness & Government E Books to help students achieve their goal of getting a job in any Government Field. Unoreads mission is to provide high quality study material to students with affordable cost. Unoreads provides the best study material for Indian Traditional and Western languages like English, Hindi, Telugu, Kannada, Punjabi, Gujarati, Malayalam and Urdu on a website that online learning platform. Handy Education is one of the most trusted site for Government exam preparation. This study material is designed by the experts and enthusiasts of exams. There collection on study material for all government examination which will able to solve question part easily and related information you need for this exam preparation will available here only.
- Current affairs are the most amorphous part of prelims: The concept of Current Affairs is to provide you with a substantial number of varied dates. More importantly, it aims to make the students aware of the continuous issues in Indian Polity, Economy, International affairs, Technology, Business avenues, future endeavours on different fronts etc. The more you are conversant with the latest issues, the stronger would be your knowledge. There are scores of Current Affairs books available in India. Most students tend to pile up these copies and make them part of their libraries. It is not good at all. One should confine only a limited number of Current Affairs books for the entire year. If you have to rely on a large number of Current Affairs books, then you won't be able to cover contents properly and it'll be a cumbersome process. Joining an exclusive current affairs course is a good idea but too much dependency can be a futile exercise. Website that online learning platform.