Want to change the system you’re working on? Don’t worry, this can be a challenging task but important too. If you’re a regular QuickBooks user or got bored with your older computer then it's time to Transfer Quickbooks to New Computer. It is a sensible approach to change the system every few years to get your hands on some amazing functionalities and the latest upgrades.
Once you’ve installed a newer or the same version of QuickBooks on the new computer, you are able to transfer a backup of the old company file. Also, you can continue to track the scheduled payments to vendors, the rent, and the record of all business income and expenses.
Requirements to Transfer Quickbooks to New Computer
Transferring QuickBooks to another system doesn’t ask for a huge list of things, you just need to follow some pre-requisite instructions to get the process done properly.
- You are required to register for the software after completing the installation and also make sure that the new system is connected to proper internet services.
- Uninstall QB Desktop from the old system but only after creating a backup of the QuickBooks company files.
- Keep the QuickBooks software installation disk or the setup file stored on an external device.
- License and product registration are some other important factors for moving the software.
- You might also require an external storage device to store the QuickBooks desktop files.
- In addition, you must have a USB flash drive with enough free space to hold the QuickBooks files. It should be approximately 15 to 250 MB.
How can you Transfer Quickbooks to New Computer?
Below are the quick and convenient steps to move or transfer QuickBooks and its data from your older computer to a new computer. Let’s move further:
Step 1: Setting up and using the Migrator Tool
On the Old Computer
- To start off, you need to first download it from the official intuit website and later save the QuickBooks Migrator Tool on a USB flash drive.
- Now, plug in the USB drive to the old system.
- Open QuickBooks and navigate to the File menu, select Utilities and then click on Move QuickBooks to another computer.
- After that, choose I’m ready option and create a one-time password.
- Lastly, follow the instructions to select the USB drive you’ll use. Then wait until the files are copied.
On the New Computer
- When inserting the USB drive, the migrator tool won’t run on its own due to Windows security restrictions.
- Now, you need to open the flash drive to view its files and click twice on Move_QuickBooks.bat to start the migrator tool.
- Afterward, enter the password you created then click Let’s go.
- In the end, wait for the tool to complete the procedure.
Step 2: Restoring the backup of the company file to the new system
- In the inception, install the QuickBooks on the new system.
- Next, insert the storage device.
- Open QuickBooks then head to the File menu and select the Open and Restore company option.
- Click on Restore a backup copy and hit the Next tab.
- To restore the backup from the external device, choose the Local Backup option and go to the backup file you created in the old system.
- Finally, choose a location in the new system to save the backup file and later press the Save button.
Have you implied all the steps over here to Transfer Quickbooks to New Computer? Well, if yes then you’re good to go and can independently use your software on the new system. However, if still you get stuck anywhere meanwhile the process or your queries remained unanswered then no worries, just reach out to our QuickBooks technical support team to get your task done within no time.