Alas, not so long ago Ukraine decided to join the club of countries that restrict free Access to the Internet for their citizens. In the ranking of countries with free Internet, Ukraine was ahead of Russia, but now the situation may change for the worse. The sanctions list includes almost 500 lines, among which you can find VKontakte (VK), Odnoklassniki, Mail.ru, Yandex, 1C, 2ch.hk and not only.
In this article, we will look at a practical and pressing question for literally millions of users – how to bypass the block?
Fortunately, it's pretty simple. The decree of the President of Ukraine requires providers to block user access to the IP addresses of the services included in the sanctions list, and in this formulation lies the answer to the question of how to access Russian services from Ukraine. That is, you can go to these IP addresses not directly, but bypassing!
For example, the Opera browser, in which it is enough to activate the turbo mode. This will give you access to all sites.
You can also install the updated Yandex browser, which will allow you to simply go to Odnoklassniki, VKontakte (VK) or other blocked sites.
Another browser that will help you go to Russian sites is FreeU. This is a browser that the holding Mail.Ru Group has developed specifically to solve this problem in Ukraine.
The use of browsers in order to bypass the blocking of VKontakte (VK) has its pros and cons.
- It's free. Browsers can be downloaded and installed for free, so you don't have to pay for anything;
- It's fast. Installing a browser is a matter of three or four clicks;
- It's simple. You don't have to be an IT professional to do it.
- Despite the fact that the https protocol is considered to be quite secure and reliable, it can still be hacked;
If you prefer to use other browsers, you can additionally install special extensions for them, which, performing the functions of a VPN, will allow you to bypass the blocking of VKontakte (VK), Odnoklassniki and other prohibited resources. Pros:
- Quick access, convenience and understandability of use.
- Ability to work on any platform where there is a browser.
- The need for periodic updates of the extension for updates of the browser or service
- You need a separate extension for each browser.
It's an intermediary between you and any sites you want to visit. After your appeal to the proxy server, it requests information on the blocked site and already transmits it from itself to your device.
- If you set up a proxy server correctly, it can improve your security by blocking sites that distribute malicious software.
- It can also scan content for malicious elements before sending it to your computer.
- The use of a proxy server implies the use of an intermediary server, and here the human factor comes into play: the server owner can transfer your data to third parties.
- Proxy must be configured manually for each specific case (for example, mailbox, browser, other applications), and some applications may not support proxies.
- The HTTP protocol does not provide encryption, moreover, many proxies transmit the initial IP address of the user to the target site, which makes them unsuitable for use by users for whom security and privacy are important.
Also, the answer to the question of how to bypass the blocking of VKontakte (VK) and Yandex can be the legendary TOR (The Onion Router)
So-called onion routing software is a proxy server system that allows you to establish an anonymous network connection that is protected from eavesdropping by military encryption. Accordingly, you will be able to anonymously visit VKontakte (VK), Odnoklassniki, Mail.ru and other blocked resources.
- No one will be able to trace your external IP address.
- A distributed network eliminates the possibility of network attacks and provides high data security.
- TOR is provided absolutely free of charge.
- Slow connection speed due to the fact that information travels a long way through the “onion” layers.
- TOR browser is often associated with Internet crimes.
A VPN or Virtual Private Network is a virtual private network. This is a technology that provides secure, closed from external access, communication on top of public in the presence of high-speed Internet.
- It's secure. A number of services encrypt user data according to military standards.
- It's global. Using VPN services, you can access content and resources from any country in the world. That is, a reliable VPN service will not only return you access to, for example, Yandex, but also allow you to enjoy watching Netflix.
- It's complete. With quality VPN services, you can sit on your favorite social networks, work with torrents, watch online videos and broadcast on your own so easily and simply that you can even forget that you are using some additional service to access all this.
- It's paid. As a rule, you will have to fork out a little for the services of a VPN service, about 5-10 dollars per month of work. Of course, many VPN services have free tariffs, but you need to be prepared for the fact that their functionality will be reduced, as well as the connection speed.
- Installing and configuring a VPN service may require some technical knowledge, however, this disadvantage is offset by user guides and thematic articles presented on the websites of VPN services.
- Not all VPNs are translated into Ukrainian or Russian, but it's not all bad either– Google Translate will help you figure it out.