Google slides are preferred by most people, even if you are a student or you are working. And why will it not be the favorite of people? Google Slides nowadays has everything going for it. It is web-based, free, has sharing options better than anything else, and feature-rich. To make your business studies presentation stand out, you can add sound, images, and even add videos into your slides.
So, if you don’t know how to add videos in your slides here in this blog, you will learn that. So, let’s get straight into this.
Adding Video on Google Slides:
We would start this with a note that you should use the Google Slides web version to add a video to Google slides. Using the web version provides the flexibility to play the video right there on the slide. This will help you judge if your video is on that particular slide or not. Also, it allows the option of video editing. These are some of the things that you won’t find in the mobile app.
Google Slides Web:
You can follow the steps given below and add a video to Google Slides on the Web:
- Firstly, open Google Slides in your browser. We are using a chrome browser.
- After that, just start creating a slide from the bottoms up, or you can also use the built-in templates so that you don’t have to work extra creating a slide. And you can get straight into work.
- Then select the slide in which you want to insert the video.
- Go to the top menu, and there you will find the 4th option, Insert, click on that. And then select a video from the following menu.
- Lastly, You will find three options to add a video to the slide.
Here are some options from where you can search and add videos to your Google Slides:
Search: Here, you are getting service straight from YouTube. You can search for all the relevant content using YouTube and can add them directly to your slides.
By URL: You can also add videos by URL. Let us give you an example; suppose you have the link to the YouTube video. Now by using the URL menu, paste the link, and the video is added, and you are good to go.
Google Drive: So, if you have questions like what will happen if the video is not from YouTube? Don’t worry! You can simply download the video and upload it to Google Drive. This is a simple option by which you can add any kind of video you want to the Google Slides.
Google Slides Mobile:
We would suggest you use the web browser for Google slides to add videos or do any kind of stuff. But if you want to make any last-minute changes to the presentation. Like if you want to add an extra video but you don’t have any laptop near you. Well, you can do that easily with your phone. But it is not as easy as it is in your web browser. So, here is how you do it easily.
- Firstly, open your Google Slides app on your mobile phone.
- Now select the slide that you want to edit.
- This is a tricky part; tap on the keyboard you want to link the video to.
- Once you do that, Google slides will automatically offer a pop-up that gives you a suggestion to insert the link in your slide.
Here are some different methods by which you can add videos to your Google slides. Google slide is a tool that will help you make an impression on your investors or impress your professors.