Cancellations of flights need to be done with proper caution. To ensure the correct proceedings of the same, this carrier has given the Alaska Airlines cancellation policy. The framework discloses the main rules, conditions, and eligibility criteria applicable to revocations. It discusses the refund and compensation facilities too.
Which Guidelines Apply to Alaska Airlines Flight Cancellations?
To implement Alaska Airlines cancellations without any hassle, you will be required to follow certain guidelines. These are as mentioned below:
- The eligible method of revocation depends on the method of booking.
- To cancel, the flight should be scheduled within one year from the date of purchase.
- The eligibility for revocation can depend on the arrival destination as well.
- Along with flights, you can cancel the additionally booked services also.
- Missing the flight without prior revocation results in the no-show policy of Alaska.
- Based on the type of fare, the eligibility can differ.
- Once you Check-in with Alaska Airlines, cancellation is not permitted.
What is the Alaska 24 Hour Cancellation Policy?
This airline has given the Alaska Airlines 24 hour cancellation policy for those passengers who wish to perform early revocations.
- Full refunds will be issued for tickets revoked within the first 24 hours of booking.
- Refunds will not include the increase in fares or taxes.
- One-time flight changes will be allowed for free.
- The flight should be scheduled at least 1 or one day after the day of purchase.
- On Saver Fares, cancellations will be allowed only under this policy.
- It may take the airline seven (7) working days to refund your amount.
- The reversals under this policy can be done online through Alaska’s website.
Restrictions of this Policy:
The Alaska Airlines cancellation policy 24 hours will not be applicable in case your date of purchase of the ticket and departure is on the same day.
Is there an Alaska Air COVID Policy for Cancellations?
Keeping in view the impact of the pandemic, the Alaska COVID cancellation policy was implemented by this carrier. The general guidelines of this policy include:
- The cancellation fee will be waived on tickets booked on or before April 30, 2021.
- For Saver Fares purchased before this date, refunds will be issued as travel credits.
- The same rules apply to Alaska flight changes as well.
Can I Make Alaska Saver Fare Cancellations?
Saver Fares are those tickets that are available for purchase at economized prices. You will be informed if your ticket comes under the Saver Fare category at the time of reservation.
You can cancel Saver Fare on Alaska. The following rules should be kept in mind:
- These tickets can only be revoked under the 24-hour reversal policy.
- Passengers will not be allowed to make any changes to these fares.
- These fares will not be eligible for same-day revocations.
- They are not transferable from one flier to the other.
- Irrespective of the Mileage Plan Status, same-day stand-by flights will not be provided.
Which Reasons can Lead to Alaska Airlines Cancellations?
Unplanned modifications in travel plans can require the revocation of your flight. Some more reasons can include:
- Workplace issues
- Family emergencies
- Medical problems
- Loss of baggage
- Problems with the security
- Sudden change in the arrival destination
- Problems when traveling with pets or minors
- Unexpected death in the family
When is the Alaska Airlines Cancellation Fee Charged?
As per the new upgrades to the flight reversal policy, the rules applicable to the Alaska Airlines cancel fee have been changed. Based on these, one can determine when the charge is applicable.
- No revocation fee will be charged on tickets booked after May 1, 2021.
- It applies to both Main and First Class fares.
- In case you book a new flight after cancellation, the difference in fare is payable.
- If the new ticket costs less than the original, then you will be given travel credit.
- It is mandatory to pay the service charges and the taxes even for free reversals.
- The amount of the Alaska cancel fee can be confirmed after contacting the airline.
Who can Make Free Alaska Airlines Cancellations?
These are the types of fares for which no cost is applicable when canceling tickets:
- Standard Fare
- Award First Class Ticket
- Standard First Class Ticket
- Mileage Plan Gold or MVP Ticket
- Upgraded First Class Ticket
- Mileage Plan Ticket
Are Waivers Available for Alaska Flight Cancellations?
The Peace of Mind Waiver is available for certain ticket types. Using these, some costs to cancel tickets can be waived.
- When your ticket has the Peace of Mind Waiver, it will cover the cancellation fee for:
- Main Fares
- First Class
- Service charges may still have to be paid.
- These charges can differ based on the time of request and the flight itinerary.
What is the Alaska Airlines Refund Policy?
This airline’s refund policy is a framework through which, after the successful revocation of your tickets, you can request its value from the authorities. The following eligibility criteria should be met to request money back:
- The canceled ticket should have been purchased officially with the airline.
- Saver fares can only be refunded if ticket cancel within the first 24 hours of booking.
- Money-back will only be guaranteed on revocations made within one year of purchase.
- On other airlines’ connecting flights, their rules are applicable too.
- The departure should be at least 24 hours after the time of purchase.
- Your ticket should be refundable at the time of purchase, as per the Alaska refund policy.
- Refunds will be issued in the original form of payment or the form of travel credit.
- Cash refunds will be issued within 20 days and 7 days for credit refunds.
- Online requests can be made if the whole of the ticket is unused.
Alaska Airlines Refundable Tickets Cancellation Policy
You will be informed whether your ticket is refundable or not at the time of purchase. If it is an Alaska refundable ticket, make sure that all the aforementioned criteria are met before filing your request. Online claims can be made for money-back on such tickets.
Alaska Non-Refundable Ticket Cancellation Policy
Even if your booking is non-refundable, there are some circumstances under which you might be eligible for a refund. They include:
- The whole of the ticket should be unused.
- It should have been revoked within the first 24 hours of booking,
- The flight should be scheduled for take-off one day after the day of purchase.
- In case you fail to request money back after the first 24 hours of reservation:
- You will be issued a credit deposit.
- Or, a credit certificate is provided.
- This deposit will be issued to your “My Wallet Account”.
How to Request Alaska Airlines Refund for Cancelled Flights?
You can make a request for Alaska Airlines refunds through the official site of this carrier. This can be done via the “Manage Reservation” page on the main site. In case you are not eligible for making online requests, you can directly call the airline agents by dialing
What are the Methods to Cancel Alaska Airlines Flights?
To cater to the needs of different customers, this carrier offers various methods to revoke such as calling, chatting, through ticket counters, etc.
Method 1: Website-Based Cancellations
One of the quickest ways to reverse your booking is by using the online mode. You can use this option in the case of both domestic and international flights.
- Select the “Manage” option on the Alaska Airlines website.
- Now, a dialogue box will be opened where you will have to enter your details.
- “Passnger’s Last Name”
- “Confirmation Code/e-ticket #”
- Click on the “Continue” button.
- You will now be redirected to a new page where you can retrieve your booking.
- Follow the on-screen directions and use the cancel Alaska Airline flight option.
Method 2: Calling the Airline Agents
Another simple method of canceling flights is by connecting with the airline agents directly. This can be done by calling the respective authorities and requesting a flight change.
You will have to give all the required personal and flight details to the authorities. Once these details are scrutinized, your reservation will be revoked after which you will get the confirmation mail.
Method 3: Chat Option
Passengers who are accustomed to using the online mode can seek assistance from the AI chat tool offered by the carrier. This tool to cancel Alaska Airlines flights works via the operator’s site.
- On the top right corner, select the “Help Center” option.
- You will be directed to a page. The “Chat” tool will pop up.
- You can now enter your name and type your query in the box provided.
- The AI will offer the necessary guidance by asking you relevant questions.
- Answer all the questions appropriately to revoke a ticket.
Method 4: Through the Mobile Application
Alaska cancellations can also be done using the official mobile application of this airline. This process is similar to the online procedure with a more personalized experience.
You will first have to download the app through any of the following sources:
- Apple App Store
- Google Play Store
- Amazon App Store
Once you have downloaded/signed in on the app, perform the following:
- Navigate through the app to find the manage reservation option.
- Give all the details as required.
- Use the in-app directions to discontinue your booking.
- Pay the applicable charges through the available options.
- Recheck the details in the confirmation mail received.
Method 5: Cancellations at the Airport
Direct cancellations can be made at the airport by visiting the help center. The agents will provide you with assistance in revoking your flight.
- Go to your airport at least 3 to 4 hours before the flight take-off.
- Visit the nearest airport help center.
- Reach out to the agents and make a request for Alaska flight cancellation.
- They will first check whether your ticket is eligible for revocation or not.
- If it is eligible, then you will be asked to provide the required details.
- Once all the information is scrutinized, the authorities will revoke your flight.
Can Alaska Airlines Cancel Flights?
Sometimes, the airline itself can revoke your bookings against your will. This mostly happens in case of unforeseen circumstances that are beyond the control of the carrier. The reasons for such sudden Alaska Airlines canceled flights include:
- Bad weather conditions
- Flight breakdown
- Staff shortage
- Strikes and riots
- Terrorist attacks
- Orders from the government
What is the Alaska Airlines Cancelled Flight Compensation Policy?
The airline will offer compensation in case your flight has been reversed due to causes within the control of the carrier but outside of the customers’ interests. The Alaska Airlines compensation for canceled flights is as follows:
- You will be offered accommodation on a stand-by flight on the same day, if available.
- Otherwise, your flight will be rescheduled on the same itinerary.
- When the cancellation results in an extended waiting time, reimbursement is offered.
- Meals, food, and drinks will be given to the affected passengers.
- In case you require to stay overnight, hotel facilities will be provided.
- To and from transportation from the hotel rooms will also be offered.
- Discounts of at least USD 50 will be offered on future bookings.
- The discount code will be valid for at least a year.
- You can also be issued credit in the form of miles up to 2000.
- These miles can be used for making future reservations and help in saving money.
Is there an Alaska Main Fare Cancellation Policy?
This refers to the general revocation policy of the carrier. All the basic guidelines mentioned will apply to the Alaska Airlines Main Cabin cancellation policy.
- There will be no fee charged other than the difference in fare and the service charge.
- You can use any of the methods mentioned above to perform such reversals.
What is the Alaska Airlines Award Cancellation Policy?
The basic rules of the revocation policy apply to award tickets as well. Your miles or points will be refunded to your account once the booking is revoked.
- The Alaska Award cancellation fee can be USD 15 which is the service charge.
- Apart from this, the other rules remain the same as for the standard fare revocations.
Which are the Limitations of the Alaska Cancellation Policy?
Certain limitations observed under the cancellation policy of the airline are:
- Tickets that include Saver Fares cannot be revoked under general conditions.
- Only the unused parts of the tickets can be revoked.
- Refunds will not be issued on all canceled fares.
- Tickets containing a government fare are not eligible for refunds.
- Fares that include a vacation package can’t be refunded.
- Compensation for reasons beyond control is not provided by the carrier.