The Reserve Bank of India (RBI) devised the Bharat Bill payment system, managed by the National Payments Corporation of India (NPCI). It is a one-stop shop for bill payment, offering interoperable and open “Whenever Anywhere” bill payment benefits to all clients across India with certainty, dependability, and transaction security.
Bharat BillPay – All recurring payments can be found in one place.
Bharat BillPay allows a variety of payment methods and gives fast payment confirmation via receipt or SMS. It provides a variety of Bill collection sections, for example, power, DTH, gas, telecom, water bills, and so on, as well as other tedious installments, for example, insurance installments, mutual funds, institution expenses, Master cards, school charges, fastag recharge, municipal taxes, lodging society installments, and so on. To assist purchasers with any Bill-related issues in Bharat BillPay, the system offers an effective method for dealing with buyer concerns.
Various Payment Channels
Bharat BillPay payments can be made through various payment channels, including Mobile Banking, BBPS app, UPI wallets, net banking, ATM, Agents, Business correspondents, and Bank branches.
Various Payment Modes
Bharat BillPay supports a variety of payment methods for bill payments. The ecosystem's payment modes alternatives are as follows: credit card, Debit card, prepaid card, UPI, mobile wallets, Internet Banking (NEFT), cash, and Aadhar-based transactions.
- Interoperable: Bharat BillPay is a coordinated ecosystem that brings together bill collection banks and non-banks, billers, retail bill platforms, and installment specialized organizations,
- Cost-effective: Current ad valorem Vs. A flat fee price is the most cost-effective for the overall ecosystem.
- Integration: To acquire access to all billers, BBPOUs should only associate with BBPCU. To enable all clients to pay their bills, service providers only need to partner with the top two BBPOUs.
- Accessible: Allow for smooth bill payment via any channel, digital or physical.
- Complaint Management: A standard structure for dealing with client complaints about both OFF-US and ON-US exchanges has also developed.
- Settlements of bill: TAT is normalized for various clearing and guaranteed settlements amongst multiple parties.
- Standardization: Standardization for the entire Bharat BillPay payment system.
- Dispute Management: Collaborate with BBPOUs to address and resolve questions concerning Bharat BillPay payment system transactions.
- Brand Connect: Single and believed brand associate and Assurance of Bharat Billpay.
How can a customer get registered with the Bharat bill pay system?
A consumer can join the Bharat Bill Payments System by visiting any BBPS retail location or registering online at the BBPS app or website. The client must submit his name, address, mobile phone number, email address, and unique identity proof. After the enrolment, the customer will get a client id and use it to reference any later transactions after enrollment.
What is Bharat Bill Payment Central Unit (BBPCU)
The RBI has designated the National Payments Corporation of India (NPCI) as the Bharat Bill Payment Central Unit (BBPCU). It is responsible for formulating business standards, norms, and strategies for all members' business technology needs. BBPCU undertakes settlement and clearing activities linked with Bharat BillPay transactions.
What is Bharat Bill Payment Operating Unit (BBPOU)
The Reserve Bank of India has approved the Bharat Bill Payment Operating Unit (BBPOU). It could be a bank or anything else. BBPOU may choose to coordinate with either biller (Biller OU), our customers (COU: Customer OU), or both, implying that such BBPOU will incorporate with both clients and billers.
Only approved BBPOUs – the two banks and non-banks approved by the RBI – would be able to handle installment and amalgamation of installment administrations of bills under Bharat BillPay in the future.
A COU would bring together qualified entities that wish to offer or are already in the bill installment, assortment, and conglomeration business. Client BBPOU will onboard Agent establishments, which may increase onboard specialists and construct client support centers in numerous locations and regions.
Agents are client engagement and administration points available as specialized outlets, Business Correspondent outlets, Bank offices, assortment focuses, and retail shops in the Bharat BillPay ecosystem.
Professional organizations will be compensated for services supplied by clients. By enrolling in the BBPS Bill Pay scheme, the biller agrees to accept payments from outside sources for the benefits given to the customer. A biller may use only two BBPOUs to restrict access to its entire client universe and payment methods.
Various Billers in Bharat BillPay are classified as follows:
Bharat BillPay payment system will be used for all standard payments. The following are the current live classifications for Bharat BillPay:
- LPG Gas Booking
- Insurance (Life, General, Health)
- FASTag Recharge
- Loan Repayments
- Housing Society Municipal Taxes
- Education Fees
- Municipal Services
- Subscription Fees
- Hospital bill
Other categories will be covered by BBPS bill pay soon, such as credit cards, metro recharge, mutual funds, recurring deposits, etc.
Bharat Bill Pay intends to improve the security and speed of bill payment by simplifying it. An instant affirmation will get established for bill settlements. You may currently cover GAS, Water, Electricity, DTH, and Telecom costs.
Read More: A Brief Idea On UPI Autopay With Its Advantages And Disadvantages