India has always been a place of many hidden treasures. The country is full of rich history and culture that spans across the globe. One of India’s hidden treasures is Spiti Valley in Himachal Pradesh. This valley is home to some of the most untouched landscapes, breath-taking views, and a diverse array of wildlife. I had the chance to explore this hidden treasure with my best friend, and it was one of the greatest experiences I’ve ever had.
spiti valley packages is a beautiful place, tucked away in the Himalayas of North-West India. Surrounded by deep blue lakes and snow-capped mountains, Spiti is a land of tranquillity and peace. This region has been inhabited since time immemorial. However, until recently, the region was overlooked by most tourists. That’s because Spiti is so far away from the major cities of India that it takes days to get there by foot or horseback. But now, with accessible transportation and affordable Spiti travel packages from both Delhi and Shimla, this little-known paradise just might be one of your new favourite places!
An Experience in Spiti
Spiti Valley is one of the most isolated and least visited regions in India. If you’re looking for a true adventure, this is the perfect place to go. There are no roads or infrastructure in Spiti Valley, so you are completely cut off from the outside world. Make sure to pack enough food and water because there aren't many options around the region.
If you're traveling with your family, be prepared for some long days of hiking and getting acclimated to the altitude in Spiti Valley.
The best time of year to visit Spiti Valley is during winter when it's less populated and there's almost no rain. This also means that summer is extremely hot, so try not to come here during this time if you're planning on doing some outdoor activities.
What to Wear
When you book your Spiti tour package, your itinerary may include things to carry when you’re traveling. However, bring plenty of layers. The weather in Spiti Valley is unpredictable, so you'll need clothing that is able to adapt to the changing conditions. We would recommend packing a light jacket and some warm clothes for the evenings. If you are planning on spending any time outside, make sure you bring a hat and sunblock.
What to do in the surrounding villages
Spiti Valley tour package is surrounded by many small villages. You'll have a great time exploring the surrounding villages if you spend time there. The villages are all close together, so you can walk from one to another, and it's really easy to rent a bike to get around.
You will find an array of activities in the villages that you won't find anywhere else in Spiti bike trip. In most of them, you'll find traditional Tibetan houses where people live and make their living by farming or herding animals. There are also guesthouses, restaurants, and tea shops where you can stop and relax while enjoying local Tibetan culture and cuisine.
There is always something to do when visiting these old-fashioned villages in Spiti. And they're fun to explore because they're so different from each other!
What to Expect?
- The weather is unpredictable, but the views are spectacular.
- You never know what you might see in the valley.
- There’s a lot of history that goes on around the area.
- You might hear a few animals around.
- It's not always easy to get around, which may cause some frustration.
- One of the most important things to remember is that people live in Spiti Valley and they have their own culture and customs.
- As you explore, it may be hard to keep your eyes on the ground because there are so many beautiful vistas that surround you at all times.
- If you want to feel like you're in nature without getting dirty or sticking out like a sore thumb, then Spiti Valley would be perfect for you!
- There's lots of beauty that surrounds you in Spiti Valley, which can make it difficult to leave once you're done exploring for the day. It's best to plan your entire trip ahead of time so that you can enjoy as much as possible!