The global antiviral drugs market size was valued at USD 62.8 billion in 2020 and is expected to expand at a compound annual growth rate (CAGR) of (-0.6%) from 2021 to 2028.
Antiviral drugs are a class of medication used for treating viral infections. Most antivirals target specific viruses, while a broad-spectrum antiviral is effective against a wide range of viruses. Unlike most antibiotics, antiviral drugs do not destroy their target pathogen; instead they inhibit its development.
Antiviral drugs are one class of antimicrobials, a larger group which also includes antibiotic (also termed antibacterial), antifungal and antiparasitic drugs, or antiviral drugs based on monoclonal antibodies. Most antivirals are considered relatively harmless to the host, and therefore can be used to treat infections. They should be distinguished from viricides, which are not medication but deactivate or destroy virus particles, either inside or outside the body. Natural viricides are produced by some plants such as eucalyptus and Australian tea trees.
Antiviral drugs are prescription medicines (pills, liquid, an inhaled powder, or an intravenous solution) that fight against viruses in the body. Key Points about antiviral drugs:
Able to enter the cells infected with virus
Interfere with viral nucleic acid synthesis and/or regulation
Some agent interfere with virus ability to bind with cell
Some agents stimulate the body's immune system
To identify the key drivers and the competitors’ insights, Request a Sample @:
Top Key Players involved in the antiviral drugs Market includes:
Merck & Co., Inc.
Johnson & Johnson Services, Inc.
Bristol-Myers Squibb Company
Dr. Reddy’s Laboratories Ltd.
The analysis also divides the Antiviral Drugs Market on the grounds of main product type:
The outbreak of the COVID-19 pandemic has significantly increased the demand for antiviral medicines globally. The treatment of novel coronavirus has increased the demand for broad-spectrum antiviral drugs to manage the disease. Remdesivir, favipiravir, oseltamivir, and other combination medicines are highly prescribed for the treatment of COVID-19. Moreover, governments are increasing funding to pharmaceutical companies to develop novel therapeutics against COVID-19. For instance, in June 2021, the U.S. government has announced an investment of more than USD 3 billion to fasten the discovery, development, and manufacturing of antiviral medicines for COVID-19 treatment. The rising incidence of disease coupled with increasing R&D will increase the demand for antiviral drugs in the next 2 to 3 years.
Access Press Release @ https://www.grandviewresearch.com/press-release/global-antiviral-drugs-market
Segmentation by Region :
- North America
- Asia Pacific
- Central & South America
- Middle East & Africa
The global Antiviral Drugs market is illustrated by key results:
- The Antiviral Drugs market research report comprises products developed, industries they cater to, and the strategies they adopt.
- Data related to the organizations such as the sales amassed by the manufacturers has also been mentioned. The report offers data related to the firm’s price models along with gross margins.
- The Antiviral Drugs market research report presents data regarding products and market share of the product segments.
- The report entails sales that are accounted for by the products and the revenues earned by these product segments.
- Information regarding the applications and sales projections for the given time period is included in the report.
Good Reasons to Buy a Global Antiviral Drugs Market Report:
- Offers detailed market breakdown and data triangulation that will help guide the market trends.
- The methodology used in the report gives the absolute authentic data that helps advising whether the market has an opportunity in the upcoming years.
- Provides a detail analysis about the Covid-19 impact on the market and how it will help boost the market in the near future.
- Give’s a thorough analyst’s viewpoint which guides the client through market collaterals for the better opportunities in the market.
- Pinpoints the most valued region and how the market can be expanded in the industry to generate more revenue with all the important government guidelines and environmental policies.
About Grand View Research
Grand View Research, Inc. is a U.S. based market research and consulting company, registered in the State of California and headquartered in San Francisco. The company provides syndicated research reports, customized research reports, and consulting services. To help clients make informed business decisions, we offer market intelligence studies ensuring relevant and fact-based research across a range of industries, from technology to chemicals, materials and healthcare.