Apple designs all of its smart gadgets by adding multiple excellent features to provide the best experience to users. Whether it’s an iPhone, iPad, Mac computer, or an Apple smartwatch, all of the Apple devices are easy to operate, and any user can perform any task with much ease on their devices. Whatever gadgets this tech giant has produced have become much popular and commonly used among millions of users all over the world. The iPhone, iPad, and all other Apple devices work fine most of the time. But not everything can be perfect all the time. That is the exact case with Apple devices as well. For instance, sometimes, some iPad users face some issues with their devices. Some iPad users reported that their device gets stuck on the home screen. Some say that the apps become unresponsive on their device.
Smart devices have made our life much convenient and easier in many ways, but it is also true that the issues that you face with your smartphones and computers can be frustrating enough. In most cases, simply restarting the device resolves the problems. But if after rebooting the device, the issue still persists, then you should consider factory resetting your device. And performing a factory reset on an iPad is a pretty easy task. Do you also own an iPad and want to reset it? Don’t know how to do so? If you want to see the procedure to factory reset an iPad, you will have read this full post. So, please go on and keep reading the article.
All about factory resetting an iPad
It is a much easier and simple task for anyone to factory reset an iPad. There might be multiple reasons that explain why you want to factory reset an iPad. You might want to do so because you are thinking of selling the device. Or there might be some issues occurring on your iPad, due to which you need to reset it to its factory settings. Whatever the reason, you will be able to reset the settings on your iPad by following the procedure mentioned in this guide. Also, you need to know that resetting your device to its default settings will permanently erase all the stored data. You must make sure that you have a backup of all your files and folders.
Before getting started with the task of resetting your iPad because of any issues, you should consider soft resetting your device instead, as most of the time, this resolves the problems. So, let’s see how you can soft reset an iPad.
The instructions to soft reset an iPad
Follow the below steps to get started with soft resetting your iPad:
- To get started, first of all, you will have to press and hold the power/lock button, depending on your iPad model.
- Now, you will see the power slider titled “Slide to power off” showing up on your device’s screen.
- Swipe the slider to the right, after which your iPad will be turned off.
- After your iPad is turned off, you will again press and hold the power/lock button until you see the Apple logo appearing on your screen. And that’s it.
The procedure to factory reset an iPad
Here are the steps that anyone must follow to reset the settings to default on an iPad:
- Firstly, launch the Settings app on your iOS device. And please make sure to turn off the “Find My Service” before proceeding.
- After you navigate to the Settings screen on your iPad, go to the top left corner to tap your name. After this, a list will open up on your screen, and you will need to tap the “Find My” option to get to the next screen.
- Next, tap on the “Find My iPad” option to proceed.
- Now, turn off the toggle button for the “Find My iPad” option.
- Enter your Apple ID password for verification. And after turning off the Find My iPad option, you can now proceed with resetting your device.
- To reset an iPad, go back to the Settings screen.
- Scroll down and tap the “General” option, after which you will get to the General Settings page.
- Next, tap the “Transfer or Reset an iPad” option.
- You will now see some options on your screen. Here, you will need to tap on “Erase All Content and Settings.”
- On the pop-up that shows up, hit the “Continue” button, after which you will be asked to enter your passcode.
- At last, tap the “Erase Now” option to complete the process to reset an iPad. And that’s it.
So, this is how anyone can factory reset an iPad. Try the method now. And keep visiting our official website to stay connected.