A large number of Magento 2 stores provide product and category pages in several languages to cater to customers from around the world. Using the hreflang magento 2 extension, also known as rel=”alternate” hreflang=” language code”, Google is able to match the user's language search to pages that are in that same language. By using Hreflang, your SEO will be enhanced without the need for you to write any code.
The extension allows you to Group the right language store views together so that Href Lang tags will be generated in order to inform Search Engines which alternative languages are available for a product, category, or homepage.
- Add Hreflang tags to store views, multi-store and multi-website level
- Generate tags for products, categories, CMS Pages
- Set X-Default store view for generic users
- Add both country & language code in Hreflang tags
- Select a current or the desired country