The global automotive LiDAR market size held a value of US$ 430 million in 2020, and analysts foresee a substantial surge, with market valuation predicted to reach US$ 3 billion by the culmination of 2031. This upswing is attributed to the burgeoning demand for automotive Light Detection and Ranging (LiDAR), expected to exhibit an impressive Compound Annual Growth Rate (CAGR) of 19.5% over the next decade.
The increasing prevalence of autonomous vehicles stands out as the primary driver behind the escalating sales of LiDAR sensors. These sensors are instrumental in ensuring the safety of autonomous vehicles by providing them with a comprehensive view of their surroundings. Notably, solid-state LiDAR is poised for robust demand due to its expanding range of applications in Advanced Driver Assistance Systems (ADAS) and collision warning systems.
Download a Sample Copy of This Report:
In the ever-evolving landscape of the automotive industry, a significant revolution is taking place, one that promises to change the way we drive, commute, and even think about transportation. This transformation is being driven by the relentless pursuit of autonomous vehicles, and at the heart of this shift lies a technology that is becoming increasingly indispensable: LiDAR.
LiDAR's Vital Role in Autonomous Driving
LiDAR, which stands for Light Detection and Ranging, is a sensing technology that uses laser beams to measure distances and create high-resolution, three-dimensional maps of a vehicle's surroundings. This technology has become the linchpin of autonomous driving systems, providing cars with a real-time, 360-degree view of their environment.
Automakers have recognized that LiDAR is not just a key component but a critical enabler of self-driving cars. As a result, they are eagerly embracing this technology to bring safer and more efficient autonomous vehicles to the market.
The Boom in the Automotive LiDAR Market
The automotive LiDAR market is experiencing an unprecedented boom, and the reasons are clear. Here's why automakers are so enthusiastic about integrating LiDAR into their autonomous vehicles:
- Enhanced Safety: LiDAR sensors can detect objects, pedestrians, and other vehicles with remarkable precision, even in challenging conditions such as low light or adverse weather. This ability to “see” better than human drivers makes autonomous vehicles equipped with LiDAR inherently safer.
- Accurate Mapping: LiDAR generates highly detailed maps of the surroundings, enabling vehicles to navigate complex urban environments, highways, and rural roads with ease. These maps are constantly updated in real-time, ensuring the car always has the most current information.
- Obstacle Avoidance: LiDAR enables autonomous vehicles to make split-second decisions to avoid obstacles or navigate through traffic, reducing the likelihood of accidents.
- Improved Reliability: As LiDAR technology advances, it's becoming more reliable and cost-effective, making it a viable option for mass-market autonomous vehicles.
- Regulatory Compliance: Some regions and countries are already moving to mandate the use of LiDAR in autonomous vehicles, further driving its adoption.
Companies in the automotive Light Detection and Ranging (LiDAR) system sector are prioritizing the establishment of new agreements and collaborations to expand their global market presence and optimize revenue generation.
In March 2020, Velodyne LiDAR, a prominent player in the LiDAR technology sector, revealed a sales agreement with NAVYA, a renowned provider of autonomous driving systems. This strategic move underscores the industry's commitment to fostering partnerships for mutual benefit.
Key Segments Covered in Automotive LiDAR Industry Research
- By Technology:
- Solid-state LiDAR
- Mechanical/Scanning LiDAR
- By Location:
- Roofs & Upper Pillars
- Headlights & Taillights
- Bumpers & Grills
- By Image Projection:
- By Range Type:
- Short & Mid-range
- Long range
- By Vehicle Type:
- IC Engine Vehicles
- Hybrid Electric Vehicles (HEVs)
- Plug-in Hybrid Electric Vehicles (PHEVs)
- Battery Electric Vehicles (BEVs)
- By Application:
- By Region:
- North America
- Latin America
- South Asia & Oceania
Get More Info: https://www.factmr.com/report/automotive-lidar-market
As automakers continue to invest heavily in the development of autonomous vehicles, the automotive LiDAR market is poised for exponential growth. The synergy between LiDAR technology and self-driving cars is reshaping the future of transportation, with the promise of reducing accidents, alleviating traffic congestion, and providing mobility solutions for individuals with disabilities.
US Sales Office
11140 Rockville Pike
Rockville, MD 20852
Tel: +1 (628) 251-1583, +353-1-4434-232