Types of CCTV Security Cameras | Uses & Benefits
We all know how amazing are surveillance cameras at improving the security at your homes, offices, shops, malls and other sensitive areas. Choosing a security camera can be a hard task for you because there are plenty of options out there. There are different types of security cameras in Lahore with their own benefits and uses, you can choose any of them based on your security needs and the location where you want to install the camera. You can also compare different security camera price in Lahore to pick the most reasonable one.
Before choosing any security cameras you should be very clear about your security needs. This article discusses different types of best result CCTV camera in Lahore. Reading this article, you will have a better idea of the benefits and uses of these cameras. The CCTV cost for a home in Lahore is not very high and you can find good cameras at affordable rates.
Here is the list of major security CCTV cameras.
Dome CCTV CamerasThis camera gets its name from the dome-shaped casing around the camera. Whereas these comparatively looks like discreet CCTV cameras, this does not stop them from daunting offenders. The reason is that the dome casing makes it hard to see the camera direction. This structure of camera confuse the thieves and they find it hard to hide from cameras.
- Appropriate for outdoor and indoor use
- 360-degree camera rotation to cover all angles
- Inconspicuous design means it is easy to install
- Criminals resistant dome because it is difficult to interfere with this camera
Bullet CCTV Cameras
Bullet CCTV security cameras have a typical design that is very noticeable. They are tube-shaped and proficient of detecting objects from long distances. Bullet cameras are most commonly used for outdoors, so, their exteriors are made resilient to dirt, dust and water. These cameras are cylindrical and long in shape and are the perfect choice for outdoor use. Their power lies in applications which need long-distance inspecting. These cameras installed within defensive casings that protect them against water, dust, dirt, etc.
- Resilient to dust in challenging atmospheres
- Strong casing protects against rain and glare
- Highly noticeable so acts as a warning
- Offers security over long distances
With removable lenses, C-mount cameras let you change the lens to adjust with different applications. These cameras use a special lens that allows them to cover distant object more than 40 ft away, while typical CCTV lenses can just cover 35-40 ft distances.
- More effective to use indoor
- Can allow technology changes
- Huge size makes them visible (acts as a warning)
Proficient of working in both usual and poorly lit settings, these cameras advantage from not demanding integral infrared illuminators because they can capture clear footage in the dark because of its extra delicate imaging chips. Typical IP camera price in Lahore is less ac compared to night vision cameras. This is the main reason these cameras are perfect for outdoor security applications in which IR cameras are incapable to function effectively.
- Wide variety of sizes available
- Record in both color and black & white
- Infrared capability
PTZ Camera (Pan-Tilt-Zoom)
PTZ cameras, short for pan, zoom, tilt, work well for large places monitoring. You can move the lens of these cameras anywhere from no tilt/pan to a 180-degree tilt and 360-degree movement. The benefit of using PTZ cameras is that you only need one camera to monitor a room, contrasted with numerous individual installed cameras. The camera frequently has specific capabilities so that a user can simply point the camera to any location they would like, and also zoom out and in.
- Auto Track movement.
- Concentrations on areas of interest.
- Review an extensive area and zoom in to detail
Outdoor and Indoor CCTV Cameras
Most CCTV cameras can be used for both outdoors and indoors. They do the same functions like remote viewing or night vision, but their durability is different. The outdoor cameras need to be weather resilient and their design should be waterproof. Bullet cameras are among the most common outdoor choices as their design allows for least stare. When it comes to detection, it is better to have a camera prepared with ultraviolet detection rather than motion detection. It will offer less repeated alerts and more accurate because most of the times the motion detection is started by movement, for example, an animal running by or a tree blowing.
- Easily available archive film
- Low maintenance
- You can view footage online from anywhere in the world
- Easy to install and setup because a computer station and coaxial cables are not compulsory
Wireless CCTV Cameras
Wireless CCTV cameras were made to lessen the time for installation. They make the camera appearance more organized that may be a significant aspect for locations such as stately homes, mosques, or museums. The Best Result CCTV Camera in Pakistan is not very high and you can find good cameras at affordable rates.
- Orderly and discreet appearance and a less conspicuous fitting
- Protected storage and easy archive footage access
- Easy installation as compared to your regular CCTV system
- Images can be conveyed online so can be watched anywhere
These cameras allow discreet installation that means you can capture high-quality footage of criminal activities and theft. Discreet CCTV cameras helpful as offenders will be less likely to identify them, so, they cannot damage them or hide from them.
- Can be hidden in numerous objects
- Can be mounted or propped up
- Best for indoor use
A thermal camera produces surveillance footage by using thermal imaging in harsh or dark environments. To differentiate objects, it uses heat.
- They can work in darkness
- Detect objects and people in the haze, smoke, light fog, dust