Have you forgotten your Apple iPad’s password or passcode? If yes, you have come to the right because we will show you exactly how you can recover your password or passcode so that you can use your iPad again usually.
Here’s how you can recover your Apple iPad’s password or passcode.
How to Recover Your Apple ID?
If you have been using your Touch ID for authenticating your purchases on the App Store for a while, then you may forget your Apple ID’s password. However, Apple has a website for its customers, which allows them to manage their Apple ID account, and using that website, you can easily recover your Apple ID password. To do this:
- Visit appleid.apple.com.
- Now tap on the “Forgot Apple ID or password” option.
- Next, type the email address linked to your Apple ID and tap on the “Continue” button.
- Now you will have to confirm your phone number. To do this, enter your phone number and then click/tap on the “Continue” option.
- You will receive a notification on your device.
- Now click on the “Allow/Show” option and carefully follow all the instructions to reset your Apple ID password.
- If you don’t have access to any other device (iPhone, iPad, or Mac), then tap on the “Don’t have access to your devices” option (present at the bottom of the page).
- Now you will see different options on your screen to reset your password like:
- Reset your password using a password while signing in on a new device.
- Use Find My iPhone on someone else’s iOS device.
- Use Find My iPhone on an iOS device at an Apple Store.
- Select any of these options and follow on-screen instructions to recover your password.
How to Recover Your iPad Passcode?
There is no secret tip that will help you recover your iPad passcode, and you must reset your iPad to permanently solve this problem. Yes, it will delete all your iPad data, but if you have a backup of your data, you can restore your data during your iPad’s setup process. To do this:
- Visit www.icloud.com.
- Sign in to your account.
- Now tap on the “Find iPhone” icon.
- Now tap on the “All Devices” option.
- Next, select your device (iPad) from the list.
- Now you will see a window on the corner of your screen, with three options in it: “Play Sound,” “Lost Mode,” and
- Click on the “Erase iPad” option and follow on-screen instructions to reset it.
Note: Make sure your mobile is connected to an internet connection and have sufficient charge in it before resetting your iPad.
How to Reset Your iPad Using iTunes?
If you have used iTunes in the past to sync your data, you can reset your iPad using iTunes. To do this:
- Connect your iPad to your computer.
- Now, wait until iTunes detects your iPad.
- Next, tap on the device icon.
- Now tap on the “Restore iPad” option.
- After that, the computer will erase your iPad’s data, and you can set a new passcode for it when it restarts.
How to Access Your iPad Using Recovery Mode?
If you have never connected your iPad to your PC, you can still reset it using the recovery mode. To do this:
- Connect your iPad to your PC.
- Now launch iTunes.
- Next, press and hold these two keys together “Sleep/Wake and the Home” button until you see an Apple icon on your iPad’s screen.
- Now release the buttons when iTunes connects to your iPad.
- Next, tap on the “Restore” option and follow all the on-screen instructions to complete the process.
Note: The process might take some, and your iPad might restart multiple times during this process. Once the process is complete, you can set a new passcode and restore its data from the backup.
There you have it a quick, simple guide that you can follow to recover your iPad password or passcode. So, carefully follow all the instructions in this article if you have forgotten your iPad password or passcode.
Was this helpful? Please share your views with us in the comments.