Cleansing is one of the most important steps when it comes to skin care. Cleaning inside the skin is important. For women older than 30 it becomes a vital part of maintaining a youthful appearance because base or foundation that is left on all night will dry out the skin and clog the pores. Here is when a facial cleanser comes to the picture.
A cleanser is a facial care product that is used to remove make-up, dead skin cells, oil, dirt and other types of pollutants from the skin of the face. A common benefit of facial cleansing is the removal of dirt, oil and other unwanted debris. A facial cleanser also helps to unclog pores and prevent skin conditions such as acne and blackheads.
The cleanser that you choose will depend on your preference and skin condition. It is extremely important to cleanse your face the right way, by choosing a face wash that is appropriate for your skin type.
- Dry Skin: For dry skin, a facial cleanser should have a moisturizing ingredient in it and should be a gentle skin cleanser.
- Oily Skin: A skin cleanser with mild ingredients that oil production and support clarity of the skin should be ideal for those who have oily skin.
- Sensitive Skin: An ultra-gentle cleanser that is paraben-free or soap-free and doesn’t cause any irritation are best-suitable for this skin type.
- Combination Skin: A mild cleansing milk or cream is good enough for combination skin. This offers a more soothing cleanse than a face wash.
- Normal Skin: For normal skin, any cleanser can be used. Traditional foaming cleanser can be harsh, as the chemicals used to make them lather often have a drying effect.
Besides cleaning and removing the impurities from the skin, there are other benefits of using a cleanser.
Here are some of the benefits of facial cleanser:
- Removing Build Up: A skin cleanser helps in double-cleansing. Daily cleansing removes the impurities to give the skin a fresh look.
- Boost Hydration: a good skin cleanser is also an important factor in helping the skin maintain a proper level of hydration. Cleansing helps manage PH levels of the skin; enabling sufficient water and product retention.
- Maintaining Clear Skin: Excessive dirt build up on the surface can cause blockages of the follicle, trapping sebum, sweat and dead skin cells. Hence proper cleansing is required to prevent dirt build-up and make the skin clear.
- Stimulates Blood Circulation: Cleansing with a little massage improves blood circulation. Along with cleansing, it also very relaxing and therapeautic.
- Makes the Skin Look Younger: Removal of dead skin cells allowing new skin cells to breathe. So, wash and massage your face daily.
- Helps the Product to Penetrate properly: A clean face will be able to take products properly. Therefore cleaning your face before applying any lotion will be beneficial for your skin.
Cleansing should be done twice in a day to keep yourself free from dirt, and pollution. It is also important to moisturize your skin after you clean so that it helps your skin to smooth and hydrated.