Ayurveda has discovered many amazing products available in nature. These herbs, plant extracts, and flower extracts lend a natural glow to the skin. Ayurvedic skincare products have proven to be far superior to artificial and chemical-laden cosmetics.
One such remarkable Ayurvedic herb is Kasturi Haldi, also called Kasturi Manjal or Kasturi Turmeric (Curcuma Aromatica), one amazing variety of the turmeric found usually in South Asia. It can be purchased in the form of dried sticks or roots in Indian markets too. It is also available in powdered form for easy use.
This variety of turmeric is lighter yellow than the regular turmeric and is fragrant. It also doesn’t leave a yellow orangish stain, typical of regular turmeric and cannot be used in cooking.
But as a skincare ingredient, Kasturi Haldi or Kasturi Manjal powder, as it is also called is very beneficial.
The following are seven amazing benefits of this Kasturi Turmeric:
- Improves overall skin tone and complexion: Use Kasturi manjal for face cleansing. Make a paste with chickpea flour (besan) and milk, and apply as a face pack to get smooth, radiant skin.
- Reduces blemishes and acne scars: As an antiseptic, Kasturi manjal powder is very effective. Mixed with sandalwood and milk, it makes for a great face pack that rids your skin of ugly acne marks and pigmentation.
- Exfoliates skin gently: Kasturi Haldi is an excellent natural exfoliating agent when combined with yogurt. You can deep cleanse your facial skin effectively with it.
- It is a natural facial hair remover: Scrubbing your face gently with this herb mixed with warm coconut oil, helps in slowing down and preventing the growth of unwanted facial hair.
- Reduces sun-tan and uneven skin tone: A paste of Kasturi Turmeric with raw milk is very helpful in de-tanning the skin. It also evens out the skin tone and lightens darker lips.
- It is an excellent anti-aging and anti-wrinkle agent: Used with buttermilk or sugarcane juice, it helps remove the visible signs of aging like wrinkles, under-eye bags, and fine lines.
- Heals skin infections and ailments: It is a powerful antiseptic and anti-oxidant, and heals the skin naturally.
You can use Kasturi Manjal for face regularly, but remember not to mix it with water. Always mix with milk, yogurt or sandalwood or rose water. The reputed Ayurvedic skincare products company, Forest Essentials, has natural Ubtans or skin packs that can be used along with Kasturi Turmeric for remarkable skin benefits. These Ubtans along with rosewater or alow vera juice or fresh yogurt work wonders on the skin.
This herb is used to prepare many Forest Essentials skincare products, like the nourishing Night Treatment Creams (Jasmine and Patchouli), and the Sandalwood and Saffron cream. It is also used in the Tejasvi Facial Ubtan, as well as Tejasvi Emulsion. (Source: https://www.forestessentialsindia.com/)
So get your fix of this magic herb from Forest Essentials, and revel in softer, younger-looking, blemish-free skin naturally. Enjoy the glow of natural radiance!