Coconut is a multipurpose fruit that proves to be beneficial for our overall health and wellness. Coconut water is used to cure dehydration and it also facilitates speedy recovery from fatigue and weakness. Coconut oil that is produced by cold pressing fresh coconut meat is used as cooking oil in several parts of the world. Moreover, unrefined and chemical-free organic coconut oil is packed with nutritional benefits.
Coconut oil is healthy for our skin and hair. Therefore, physiotherapists use it as a massage oil and it can also be used for healing various skin issues. Today, we will learn to make DIY hair care recipes with coconut. So, let's get started!
Coconut hair mask
You can make a coconut hair mask by using any regular coconut oil. However, we recommend you to use organic, cold-pressed and unrefined coconut oil since it will not contain any impurities and chemicals.
- Cover your neck with a towel before applying the hair mask. Wet your hair using a spray bottle.
- Heat the oil for a couple of minutes but do not boil it. Massage it gently on the hair. Apply the oil nicely so that the hair gets covered from roots to the tip. The remaining oil can be massaged on the scalp.
- You can use hair clips to keep the oily hair strands away from your eyes or face. When you have done with applying the oil, use a shower cap to cover your head.
- Leave the mask for at least 2 hours. You can also apply this mask in the night and wash your hair in the morning. Lukewarm water is ideal for washing the hair and you can also use mild shampoos and conditioners for cleaning it thoroughly.
- Many people use honey or egg while heating the coconut oil to create stronger hair masks.
Benefits of using coconut oil mask
- This coconut oil mask moisturizes your scalp and reduces dandruff to a great extent.
- Its antimicrobial and antifungal properties keep your hair safe from bacteria and pollution.
- It reduces hair fall and makes your hair strong from the roots.
- Coconut oil also provides relief from lice and scalp irritation.
DIY recipe for lice protection
Coconut oil is itself useful for providing relief from head lice. However, it can prove to be more potent if you blend it with some other ingredients. Now, let us see a DIY recipe that can be made with coconut oil and anise oil.
- For those who do not know about anise oil, it is the oil made from the seeds of anise herb. You will easily find it in medical stores and herbal shops.
- Blend anise oil with coconut oil and apply it directly on your scalp and hair. Cover your head with a shower cap and rinse your hair with lukewarm water after 2 hours.
- It provides 100 percent relief from head lice.
Coconut oil is perfect for the treatment of hair issues. It fortifies damaged and listless hair and also curbs greying of hair to a great extent. Coconut oil can also be used by those who have healthy hair to improve the overall health of their scalp and hair.