QuickBooks Error 6129 happens when the database connection verification falls flat, or QuickBooks was hoping to get to the Company files. Because of this error, we can’t open company records. On the off chance that you are on a network the most probable cause is a network problem where it can’t discover the computer or server that holds the record.
Peruse this article to know the specific explanation for this error and how to fix it. This article features error number Code 6129 0, commonly known as Quickbooks Error 6129 0 depicted as Error 6129 0: QuickBooks has experienced a problem and necessities to close. We are sorry for the burden. In the event that you need any further assistance, you can dial our toll-free number +1855-548-3394 to get prompt assistance.
Why this error occurs?
There are many reasons that may create this problem:
- All computers in a multi-user configuration are not running the latest release of QuickBooks
- If you update your company files from the old QuickBooks version without using Administrator login details for the Windows login.
- Damaged or corrupted Quickbooks installation files.
- A third -party Anti-virus is causing the QuickBooks Error 6129 0.
Symptoms of Code 6129 0 – Quickbooks Error 6129 0
Runtime errors occur all of a sudden. The error message can come up the screen whenever QuickBooks is run. Truth be told, the error message or some other exchange box can come up over and over if not tended to right off the bat.
There might be examples of files cancellation or new files showing up. In spite of the fact that this symptom is generally because of virus disease, it tends to be credited as a symptom for runtime error, as virus contamination is one of the causes for runtime error. User may likewise encounter an unexpected drop in web connection speed, once more, this isn’t generally the case.
How To Fix Error Code -6129, 0 on QuickBooks
There are a number of investigating steps to determine this error that is discussed in detail in this article connected underneath. Before continuing to those steps, guarantee that all computers in your QuickBooks installation have been updated to the most recent QuickBooks discharge.
Solutions to Fix QuickBooks Error Code 6129
Consider the below points in the below-given scenarios:
- If you are making a New Company file.
In this scenario, choose ‘leave’ in the Easy step Interview Window. After this, you will get a prompt to save the file and select YES here. Choose a different file name and opt ‘Save.’
- If you are opening or upgrading the company file.
You can open a sample company file to check whether the problem is related to a specific file only. If you see QB Error 6129 that problem is with all the files then apply Solution 2.
Solution 1: Log into Windows as an administrator
To begin with, have a go at opening another company document. You have to sign into Windows as an Administrator to refresh your company document. In the event that you don’t have an Administrator login you can use, discover support for Windows or an IT Professional for help.
Solution 2: You can perform this solution when you experience Easy-Step Interview
- Click Leave when you are In Easy-Step Interview.
- In the event that you see the message of “Save the file?” click Yes.
- Enter an interesting name for the file and afterward click Save choice.
Solution 3: If you use Safe Mode on Windows, disable antivirus and other software.
- Restart the computer in Safe mode.
- Disable your antivirus software
- Create the new company file.
- Restart the computer in normal mode.
- Open QuickBooks and your company file
Solution 4: Rename the QuickBooks Network Descriptor files
- Find out .nd. files from the hard drive on your system that hosts the shared folder of QuickBooks company file
- Right-click Network Descriptor file with the name of your QuickBooks company file and choose the option Rename.
- Type .OLD when you have entered file name, press Enter and you will see the file name as: company file name.qbw.nd.OLD)
- If you find one file on many systems, you must practice next steps. When you are using QuickBooks software on one system, you have an option to open company file promptly.
- Click the Start button of Windows and select Programs > QuickBooks > QuickBooks Database Server Manager.
- Click Scan Folders.
- If there is no folder that contains the company file, click Add Folder and add it.
- Click the Scan.
- Click Close when scan is finished.
- Open QuickBooks company file.
Solution 5: Create Another Folder and Move the Corporate QuickBooks Files.
- Create a new folder.
- Edit the corporate QuickBooks files in the folder you last created.
- If you are using QuickBooks on your computer, there is no need to open the corporate QuickBooks file with the new folder.
- However, if you are accessing the same file on your computer, you will need to go to the next step.
- Click the Windows Start button and select Programs, then QuickBooks, then the QuickBooks database server manager.
- Select the Scan option.
- If no other folder contains a company file, click Add Folder to add it.
- Click on the Scan option.
- After scanning is complete, select the Close option.
- Finally, open the QuickBooks file.
Solution 6: Ensure ‘All computers’ in the same domain
In the event that you are using any domain, then contact who has set up the network. Above all information is about to fix Quickbooks error code 6129 0.
Ideally, QuickBooks Error 6129 is completely resolved, and you are easily working on your QuickBooks. In the event that the problem, is as yet determined and didn’t leave considerably in the wake of attempting the entirety of the solutions gave above, you can call an ensured QuickBooks Support Phone number 1855-548-3394 to resolve the issue.