Besides the QuickBooks Desktop Benefits technical bottlenecks within the form QuickBooks Error 3371 can’t be prevented, caused by external issues. To resolve error code 3371, it's essential to understand about the difficulty , its causes before starting the troubleshooting methods.
What is QuickBooks Error 3371, Status Code 11118?
QuickBooks Error 3371 Status Code 11118 is caused when the QuickBooks system file entitlementDataStore.ecml gets damaged, which contains the license properties of your QuickBooks Desktop. The error message says: ‘Could not initialize license properties’. This message shows up during a panel and once you click OK, another box comes up.
The file damage occurs thanks to improper pack up your computer while your software if open for a few reasons. Therefore, QuickBooks fails to sync the license properties whenever you open your QuickBooks and therefore the “Error 3371 Status Code 11118” shows abreast of the screen.
In order to resolve this issue, there are some system requirements which must be fulfilled. allow us to proceed further before troubleshooting error 3371.
Reason Behind QuickBooks Error 3371
When you install QuickBooks, Intuit stores some license information on your disk drive . Error 3371 crops up if that information becomes corrupted, or doesn’t match up in how . The software probably checks the license employing a system signature that reflects the hardware configuration. once you reconfigure your system or clone your disk drive , your hardware configuration can go hay-wire. This successively causes the configuration QuickBooks saved to not match what it sees when beginning . The result – error 3371!
Solutions to Fix QuickBooks Error 3371, Status Code 11118
Solution 1: Delete ecml file
- First of all, press Windows + R together from your keyboard.
- Enter this path C:ProgramDataintuitEntitlement Clientv8 in the window.
- Next, Windows Explorer will open with the above address.
- Now, delete ecml file. After that, close the window.
- Finally, you have to Run QuickBooks and Register the item again.’
Solution 2: Update your Windows operating system
- The first step is to click on the Start button.
- Now, select All Programs and then click on Window Update.
- After that, click on check for updates.
- Next, you to reinstall and update QB Desktop again.
Solution 3: Install Latest Windows Update
- Firstly, you need to install the latest updates for Windows.
- Next, select All Programs and then click on Windows Update.
Solution 4: Renaming the Entitlement file
For Windows XP Users
- First of all, click on the Start button and choose Run.
- Now, enter this path to find Entitlement DataStore.ecml file: “C: Documents and Settings AllUsersApplication DataIntuitEntitlement Clientv2”.
- After that, click Ok.
- You can now rename Entitlement DataStore.ecml” file.
For Windows 7 users
- Firstly, go to “C: ProgramDataIntuitEntitlement Clientv*
- Next, you need to rename the Entitlement file.
- Once you start QB, it will create a new file for you.
- If the program data folder is not visible, follow the steps given below to unhide it:
- Follow the path Computer > Select Organize > Choose Folder > Search Options.
- After that click on Hidden Files and Folders.
- Finally, open QuickBooks to see whether QuickBooks Error 3371 is resolved.
QuickBooks Error 3371 Code 1111 is probably going to occur when entitlementDataStore.ecml containing the license properties gets corrupted thanks to crash com error or the other reason. you'll fix the difficulty by updating your Windows system, rename the entitlement file and installing new windows updates.
If the “QuickBooks Error 3371” remains unresolved then be happy to contact us at QuickBooks Error Customer Support Number 1-800-865-4183. Our technicians are always available to assist you and fix all complicated issues.