A W-2 additionally referred to as the Wage associated Tax Statement is that the document an leader is needed to send to every of their workers and also the independent agency at the top of every year. The W-2 reports associate employees’ annual wages and tax amounts withheld from their paychecks. In power-assisted payroll, we have a tendency to handle your W-2 filing on each state and federal levels to stay you in tax compliance.
By Jan 31, 2019 you want to have done the following,
- Offer Forms W-2 to any active and inactive worker with wages for the previous year
- File your Forms W-2 with the social insurance Administration (SSA) each for manual and electronic filers.
- Manually filed forms: Due dates are the “postmarked by” dates.
- Electronically filed forms: The submission point is by 5:00 pm PST on Jan 29, 2019.
- Some states need that you just file wage and tax statements with the state agency. whereas you'll electronically file federal W-2 forms albeit you are not listed in Intuit's Electronic Services, you want to have QuickBooks increased level service to e-file state forms.
How to file form W-2 in QuickBooks?
QB on-line Payroll permits you to electronically file federal Forms W-2 with the agency at no further charge. although you are not progressing to electronically file the other forms with us. (You should have QuickBooks enhanced level service to electronically file state Forms W-2.) On January 1 of every New Year a link seems on your QB on-line Payroll to try and do list to file Forms W-2 for the previous tax year electronically. QB on-line Payroll.
- In To Do tab, under It's time to file forms section, select W-2 Copies A & D.
- If prompted, verify your tax codes. We pre-fill the tax code field, so you don t need to look it up. You only need to do this once.
- Select Continue to proceed.
- If prompted, tell us whether or not one or more employees were active participants in a retirement plan during the tax year. With contributions to retirement plans outside of Intuit Online Payroll, you ll need to manually select the retirement plan checkbox for each active participant.
- On the Employer Copies: Form W-2 page, select View to open Acrobat Reader. Review and print Copy D (Employer's copy) for your records.
- When you're ready, select Submit to authorize us to file Copy A of Form W-2 electronically for you. (Note: Do not send a printout of Form W-2 to the Social Security Administration.)
- On the status page, note the current status: Submitted.
What is Preview W-2?
W-2 forms are created as a “Preview” of what your employee's W-2's would seem like if created at that time in time. this permits you to review info} to confirm correct information for mailing the form to the worker and filing with the agency.
The data you'll read in Preview W-2 reflects this year payroll information transmitted to our service through September thirty, despite the pay date. If a payroll wasn't processed before or on September thirty, it doesn't seem within the Preview W-2.
To access Preview W-2 forms in QuickBooks Desktop:
- Select Employees and then Payroll Center.
- Select the File Forms tab.
- Select the View/Print Forms & W-2s button located in the bottom right of the window.
- Enter your payroll PIN.
- In the Payroll Tax Center home window, click the Preview W-2 Information tab.
- Select the Preview All Employee W-2s button.
- Review the following employee information on each W-2: Name, Address, and Social Security Number.
- You should also ensure that your company information is correct: Legal Name, Address, and then Employer Identification Number (EIN).
If any QuickBooks user wants help in QuickBooks Filing Form W-2 with Assisted Payroll they should definitely visit our website. There is a bunch of articles that that will guide you and help you out in filing form W-2. Users can also visit us and get on a call with our QB Helpdesk to set up their software or if facing any other issue they also can be solved by our helpdesk team.