Worried about your QuickBooks files? With hit or miss weather, and unpredictable circumstances, you don’t want to stress about losing all of your company’s important financial information. Since we’re so consistently busy, we'd not remember to copy files ourselves. there's how to schedule QuickBooks to automatically copy your files.
First go up to File > Create Backup or Create Copy and choose Backup Copy. you've got a variety at rock bottom of the window for “Options”. once you enter here, confirm everything matches where you would like the file to copy . once you exit out of options, attend “Next”, and choose “Only Schedule Future Backups”. you'll select that you simply want to save lots of backup copy automatically once you close your company file. Again, you'll adjust your options here. Note that, if you select , you'll also enter your Windows password just in case you’re logged out of your system when the update is scheduled to occur. And now you’re set to run automatic backups!
Create a “New” computer file . you'll see this screen crop up . Enter the knowledge for a way you would like your Backup to be saved. you'll prefer to roll in the hay weekly by selecting to run this every 1 week, or biweekly by choosing every 2. we propose doing several backups every week – maybe Monday night, Wednesday night and Friday night. this manner if there ever is any corruption issues you usually have a recent backup available. This helps protect against QuickBooks specific corruption problems.
Cause of QuickBooks Scheduled Backup not Working Error
- QuickBooks is about up to run a special version of Windows. for instance – you're using Windows 10 and QuickBooks is configured for Windows XP or Windows Server 2003.
- Improper setup of scheduled backups in QuickBooks.
- Outdated QuickBooks Desktop application is additionally one among the explanations automatic backup stops working.
- Damage within the QuickBooks company file also trigger errors scheduling automatic backups in QuickBooks.
Read more-: QuickBooks automatic backup
Here’s the way to Resolve QuickBooks Scheduled Backup not performing on Windows Problem
Solution 1: Download and Install QuickBooks Updates
You will find the detailed instructions on downloading and installing the newest version of QuickBooks Desktop in our article on the way to Update QuickBooks Desktop to the newest Released Version.
Solution 2: How to verify and Rebuild your QuickBooks Data
- QuickBooks Verify and Rebuild Data Utility is an inbuilt QuickBooks tool that verifies the integrity of QuickBooks company file, and if any damage is found, then it automatically repairs the damage.
- Firstly, open QB Desktop ,after that from under the File tab, keep your mouse cursor over the Utilities area.
- Select Verify Data option from the drop-down list.
- QuickBooks will now scan the corporate file for any errors and corruption.
- If QuickBooks displays “Your Data has Lost Integrity,” then close the message and click on the File tab again.
- Move your mouse cursor to the Utilities sections and choose Rebuild Data.
- If you want to backup of your company file doc on your system, so press OK button at the Backup Company Data popup window.
- Click OK, and QuickBooks Rebuild Data tool will repair the damage within the company file.
- Once you see the error message “Rebuild has Completed,” click OK and check out to schedule the automated backups once more .
Solution 3: How to Verify Scheduled Automatic Backup setting in QuickBooks
In our article Scheduling an area Backup in QuickBooks Desktop – Explained, we've mentioned a step-by-step method to schedule an area backup in QuickBooks Desktop. If you want to know more about QuickBooks automatic backups follow the given instructions from the article
Solution 4: Which Windows version Work best for QuickBooks ?
NOTE: to see the version of your Windows press Windows + R on your keyboard, type winver command within the run box and press Enter. The About Windows popup window will display the Windows version you're using.
- Right-click the QuickBooks icon on your Desktop and choose Properties.
- Go to the Compatibility tab and checkmark the “Run this program in compatibility mode for” checkbox.
- Click the drop-down list and choose the Windows version you're using.
- Click Apply then hit OK.
- Check if the matter is resolved now.
- For more detailed instructions on running an application in Windows-compatible mode, follow article Make Older Apps or Programs Compatible with Windows 10.
- In case the automated backup remains not working in QuickBooks then you would possibly got to reinstall the QuickBooks Desktop application using the QuickBooks Clean Install Tool.
Some users might find the above-mentioned troubleshooting method complicated because it involves reconfiguring Windows features. If you're also one among the users who is unable to resolve the “QuickBooks automatic backup not working” error, then reach us our at our Customer Service Number 1-855-481-5338 for help and quick assistance.
Also find-: QuickBooks backup file restore failed