How to print W2 form in QuickBooks by self-print option in QuickBooks Desktop?
In QuickBooks, there is a self-print option that is used by many users so for that there is the proper process that can be done. Below, you get to know the whole process for how to do it on your own in an easy manner without having any issues.
The requirements to print the W-2 form
The requirements are as follows:-
- You must have the latest updated payroll tax table
- Make sure that you have the papers that work with your payroll service to print the W2 form in QuickBooks
- The version of the QuickBooks Desktop must be supported
- The form is not available in the basic payroll. So, you have to create the payroll summary report to get the data required for completing the form.
Some things that you must know about the self-print W-2s form
The things are as follows:-
- The employee gets the 4 copies of their W-2 form
- From the payroll tax center, you can print the field tax copies
- You have to fold the W-2 form with the fold that is inserted below the envelope along with the second perforation.
What are the steps to print W2 in QuickBooks Desktop for the self-print option?
- For this, you have to open the QuickBooks desktop software
- Then you have to access the Payroll Center
- Then click on the Employees menu
- b.After that, select the Payroll Center
- Now go to the tab name File format
- Then click on the option View/Print Forms & W-2s
- You have to enter the Payroll PIN
- Now click on the W2 tab then select the name of the employee from the list
- You can also select the checkbox next to the field Employe so that you can select all the employees
- After that click on the Open or save button
- You have to select the reason for the printing W2s form if you get the window of print opens up on your screen
- Choose an option I’m printing for replacement employee W-2s form. if it is for any damaged or lost W-2s
- Select the I’m printing the original employee W-2s form. It is when you going to give the W-2 first time to your employees
- Click on the I’m printing the W2s for my records. If it is a copy of your company records.
- According to the selection, you get a message for the printing display on your screen
- Then you have to load the paper in the printer
- Now the adobe reader file opens up having the selections of W2s form
- After that, click on the File menu option
- Select the Print
So, this is all, for using the self-print option for the print W2 form in the QuickBooks account. The solution is provided by the QuickBooks helpdesk team who is here to help you out all the time.