In some circumstances, we might need to use the same computer system for every purpose. Like in the current epidemic situation, when we all are forced to work from our home, there might be some people who are bound to work on the same computer used by their other family member as well. In situations like this, it is better to have multiple desktops on our system so that we can manage our work efficiently. It is also a fantastic option that will help you to enhance your productivity. Do you also want to use the multiple desktops on your computer system? Want to know if you can use this feature on your computer? Well, if you are using Windows 10, then luckily, there is a feature that enables you to use multiple virtual desktops on your computer system. However, today, the most modern operating system comes with this inbuilt feature.
Here, in our following article, we are going to tell you the ways through which you can use multiple desktops on your computer running Windows 10. It has proved to be a very handy feature for all the individuals, especially in these crazy times. This way, you can carry out multiple projects on the same computer. Through this useful feature of Windows 10, you can add unlimited virtual desktops on your system. You can switch between these desktops at any time, move applications from one desktop to another, or can set any view on any desktop. Enabling this feature is a pretty easy task. To know the methods, you need to go through the complete article.
The Method to Use Multiple Desktops in Windows 10
Anyone can easily activate this feature on their PC with Windows 10. Make sure that you are using the updated version of the operating system. This is a feature that has proved to be beneficial for those users who work on small monitors and want to toggle between several sets of adjacent windows. It comes as a built-in feature with the updated version of Windows 10. And the best part is that it is entirely free to use this functionality. This is the most convenient way that will allow you to stay organized. Switching between desktops is also simple. And here, you will get to know everything about this new functionality that includes how to add a desktop or switch to other desktops. So, let’s start with the procedure for adding a desktop on Windows 10. And here are the steps of doing so:
The Steps for Adding a Desktop on Windows 10
- To get started, go through the taskbar menu on your computer system and click on the Task Button. Or you can also use the combination of keys to do this. Press the Windows and Tab key altogether. Or if you have a touch screen device, simply swipe from the left on your device.
- And now, select the option of “New Desktop” that you can find in the top left corner of your device’s screen. By clicking this option, you can add as many virtual desktops as you want. And follow the same steps whenever you want to add a virtual desktop. If you have already added two or more desktops, then the “Add a New Desktop” button will appear in grey with a plus symbol.
There is also another shortcut for adding a new desktop. Press Ctrl + Windows + D keys altogether to add another desktop.
The Steps to switch between desktops
If you want to switch to another virtual desktop, then you need to follow the below-mentioned steps:
- To switch to other virtual desktops, go through the Task View Pane and select the desktop that you want to switch.
- You can also use a key combination that is Windows + Tab key or Windows key + Ctrl + Left arrow key.
- If you are using a touchscreen with Windows 10, then swipe your finger from the left direction of your touch screen. This way, by following the same steps, you can get back to any desktop on your device.
So, this is a simple procedure to add multiple virtual desktops and switch between various desktops on Windows 10. Hope you like the article. And don’t forget to visit our website to check out more information and updates.