OST files are also referred to as Offline Storage Tables that truly support the Outlook platform. Users can continue working on the Outlook OST file even if there is no internet connection without any interruption as they are stored in an offline folder of the Exchange server. If Outlook OST is inaccessible one can look for options to resolve it using the manual as well as alternate solutions. Here, we will discuss the possible strategies to resolve the query ‘How to Open OST file without Outlook’. Let's take a look at the reasons and how-to methods to do the same.
There are several issues associated with the Outlook OST files. These issues might be a result of inconsistency lying inside the file:
- Intruding Virus
- Forced system shutdown
- Incidental deletion of Outlook OST from the Exchange server.
If it becomes frustrating for the user to view the OST file without Outlook account, then we will provide some of the useful tips to resolve the issue. First, a user can recreate the OST file directly from the server.
Some facts associated with Outlook variants
- OST fix option has different specifications in every version of Outlook.
- Search and Repair tool is by default embedded in MS Outlook versions 2003 and 2000.
- MS Outlook 2007 has further changed “Detect and Repair” inbuilt utility with Office Diagnostic tool.
- MS Outlook 2010 and 2013 have recovery Option but they only recover registry entries and Outlook installation files.
- It is easy to fix and regenerate OST files in Outlook variants 2013 and 2016.
Two Methods To View Open OST files Without Server
- Regenerating Outlook OST file from the Exchange Server.
- Accessing it with the help of a professional tool.
Methods to Regenerate the OST files Conveniently
OST files are the offline storage table of the Outlook platform that is stored on the server. An individual can access the OST file by saving it from the server. The below-mentioned method will help solve the query ‘How to Open OST file without Outlook’.
- Exit Microsoft Outlook.
- Launch the Control Panel on your local machine.
- Next, choose the “Mail” option.
- A “Mail Setup” pop-up will display in the following step.
- Hit the “Email Accounts” option.
- In the following step – “Account Setting” pop-up will display on your Window.
- Now, redirect to the “Data Files” tab and select your account.
- Here, pick the OST file and then tap “Open File Location” option
- Next, right-click the OST file and erase it.
Note- Before erasing the OST file, exit Account Settings and Mail Setup Window otherwise an error might occur.
- Now, restart the Outlook Application Again.
Above solutions might appear difficult to apply because of lengthy steps, one can try using the OST File Viewer instead. The professional utility might help achieve the desired outcome as compared to manual technique. The motive based utility is called specialized utility as well because they focus on just the work they ought to do.
Attributes of the Utility:
- Opens normal Outlook OST as well as damaged Outlook OST files from the mailbox.
- Reads OST File without Outlook application.
- Facilitates scanning modes according to the level of corruption.
- Validate attribute to view all PST mailbox items before downloading.
- Easily converts OST file data to HTML, TXT, etc. file extensions.
Working of the Utility:
- Install and Run OST File Viewer by Cigati Solutions on your local PC.
- Next, hit the Browse button to explore the OST file you wish to access.
- One can select the recovery mode according to the level of corruption.
- Press Ok and wait for the completion of the process.
- Now, tap Ok on the confirmation message.
- One can now preview each OST file content.
- In the end, hit Ok to exit the software.
Summing it Up:
Above blog, states the factual solutions to resolve the query ‘How to Open OST file without Outlook’. Before starting this process it is also necessary to know how to Recover Deleted OST file before happening any issue. One can opt for the desired outcome using these solutions. Remember, manual solutions are often used only as a pre-adjustment if there is a minimal issue. They are not capable of solving larger issues. Users must think twice before performing it on a large size OST file as it can lead to data loss.