Spotify is one of the most extensively used services for streaming music. It features millions of tracks and other featured content from the associated artists from different parts of the world.
Spotify was launched in 2008, and currently, it has over 248 million users, from which 113 million are subscribers. You can stream a lot of content on Spotify, including various podcasts, audiobooks, poetry, speeches, and much more.
Spotify also has an extensive amount of spoken-word content that includes podcasts, poetry, audiobooks, guided meditations, self-help content, and much more. If you want to access the wide variety of content on Spotify other than music like audiobooks and others, you may follow our guide on how to explore non-music content on Spotify.
Word Category on Spotify
The majority of the non-music content resides in Spotify’s Word category, which you can locate at the bottom of the “Browse” page of Spotify. You will see a vast number of playlists on the browse page of Spotify. These playlists have different content related to literature, famous speeches, self-help content, language-learning tutorials, poetry, college lectures, guided meditation, and much more.
If you want to access the content from the Word category, you may follow these steps for ease of use:
- Open the Spotify website on the desktop, and select Browse from the left category menu. If you are accessing Spotify from the mobile application, then tap Search.
- Scroll down, and you will find the Word category at the bottom of the page. Tap on it.
- Once you tap on it, Spotify will let you have access to all the current spoken-word playlists. You can explore the one which you want to listen to or which interests you.
Audiobooks on Spotify
You will see a lot of Audiobooks in the playlists of the Word section of Spotify. However, if you want to get hands-on more audiobook related content, you may search “audiobooks” on the search box on the home page. Scroll down and see for your favorite albums, playlists or artists. On selecting an artist, you will see a lot of additional content related to audiobooks of the particular album, playlist or artist. You may search for a specific title in the search bar of Spotify, so that you can quickly find it, instead of scrolling through the vast number of varied playlists.
Podcasts on Spotify
There are over thousands of podcasts on Spotify. You can listen to your favorite podcast from thousands of podcasts. If you want the steps for finding out your favorite podcast, you may follow these steps:
- Form your desktop open Spotify website and select “Browse” from the left menu. (Tap search on the mobile app)
- Then you need to choose Podcasts.
- Scroll down to explore from different playlists or to browse by category. You can also browse featured episodes of a podcast.
- Select the Play button on the podcast to start listening. You may also click on the title of the podcast so as to see the complete list of episodes in it.
If you are a fan of podcasts or spoken word, then there are a lot of interesting things you can stream on Spotify