IBS also is known as Irritable Bowel Syndrome does not have any specific medication and thus here’s a plan to help you avoid some symptoms. These techniques can help you to deal with problems such as constipation, belly pain, diarrhea, and even bloating and can act as IBS medication.
1. Diet to be followed for IBS constipation:
There are certain foods that can make you’re IBS related constipation worst. One should avoid them, they’re as follows:
- Cereals which are made with refined grains, not whole grains and even bread
- Avoid having chips and cookies which are processed
- Coffee, alcohol and even carbonated drinks
- Avoid having cheese and dairy products
- High protein diets
Here’s a better plan, one can start having this diet
- Start having fibre rich diet and increase it day by day such as by 2 to 3 grams a day until you reach 25 grams a day for women and 30 grams a day for men a day.
- Start having foods that are high in sugar as a substitute for sugar such as dried plums and prune juice.
- Have plenty of water a day.
2. Diet to be followed for IBS Diarrhea:
There are certain foods that can make you’re IBS related diarrhea worst. One should avoid them, they’re as follows:
- Avoid having too much fiber, especially the one that is found in the skins of vegetables and fruits.
- Avoid using foods and drinks that contain fructose, sorbitol, alcohol, caffeine, and even chocolates
- If you have a bad reaction with gluten then you should avoid wheat
- If you’re intolerant to lactose then you should start avoiding dairy products
- Avoid fried and fatty foods and even carbonated drinks and large meals.
One should start having the following diet:
- Start having a moderate amount of soluble fiber as it can even add bulk to your stool. One can start having whole wheat, brown rice, dried fruits, etc.
- Avoid having foods with the opposite temperatures at the same time such as ice-cold water with hot soup.
- Have a smaller portion
- Make sure that you drink water an hour before or after the meal not while you’re having it.
3. Do's and Don'ts related to drugs:
Avoid having the following drugs as they can trigger both constipation as well as diarrhea:
- avoid having medicines that contains sorbitol such as cough syrup
- avoid having antibiotics and even some antidepressants
4. Start having better medicines:
- Start having those medicines which won’t make your situation worsen. But before you stop taking them ask you’re a doctor.
- Work with you’re doctor to choose the right antidepressant for you as some can be tricyclic and can cause you constipation. There are few standard antidepressants which can help but they can cause diarrhea.
Follow the above diet to solve your IBS problems relating to diarrhea and constipation. They won’t solve you’re problem but can reduce them.
However, To eliminate the IBS completely it is best to increase the intestinal health by consuming three medicines recommended by Grocare for IBS – Xembran®, Stomium®, and Acidim®. Xembran®, Stomium®, herbal products help to fight Protozoal & other infections in the digestive tract and Acidim® helps to relieve the gastric symptoms of bloating and indigestion. Together, Xembran®, Stomium®, and Acidim® help to treat IBS from the root cause.