The keto diet plan is trending amongst both the youngsters and the elderly. These keto diet plans include both vegetarian and non-vegetarian foodstuffs. However, the vegetarian versions of the Keto diet plan are the most popular one. It is a diet that is low on carbs and is popularly known as the ‘low carb high-fat diet.
How can weight loss be achieved through the Keto diet?
The Keto diet plan for weight loss is trending and popular due to the fact that the people who are under the keto diet consume lesser amounts of carbohydrates while increasing the fat calorie intake.
Typically, in a keto diet, the micronutrients are approximately divided as 55% to 60% fat, 30% to 35% protein, and 5% to 10% carbohydrates.
The following are the main points when it comes to ketogenic diets:
- The amount of carbs consumed in a keto diet is much lesser when compared to the other dietary plans. Whereas the amount of fat consumed during the keto diet is more.
- During the process of the keto diet plan, the body of the person who undergoes the dietary plan enters into a state of ketosis.
- The main aspect of the keto diet plan is that the excess fats which are stored in the liver are broken down into a much smaller component than it originally was. This generates the energy needed by the human body. If the fat remains in the liver it becomes fatty substances and reduces the active physical life of the person. Thus during the keto diet, the fats which were stored in the human body of the person undergoing the keto diet will be utilized by the body and weight loss is evident at quicker rates.
- The person who does not have heavy fats accumulated in the body will be able to live an active and healthy life.
- With the lesser amount of carbs and fats in the body, the person becomes immune to the various viruses, bacteria, fungi, and other airborne microbes that cause diseases in the body of the patient.
- With lesser carbs and fats in the body, the person undergoing the keto diet plan will not suffer from cholesterol, heart blockages, heartburns, coronary heart diseases, diabetes, and other such life-threatening conditions. This will prolong the life of the person and add vitality and strength to everyday activities. During the initial period of the keto diet plan, some people may find it difficult to keep away from all those carbs. However, the human body is so created to adapt to the surroundings and the changes in one's diet. The human body is capable of adapting to changes in just a short span of time.
What modifications can be made to a keto diet plan?
Once a person has made up their mind to live a healthy lifestyle by changing their food preferences and adopting the Indian keto diet plan for weight loss, you will wish to plan every meal. Well, there is good news! You can actually make modifications to your meal so that your body easily adapts itself to the keto diet plan.
- First of all, decide how much Carbohydrates you need to eat in a day. Then decide how much of Carbohydrates you can actually cut out from your diet. When you plan your diet make sure that every meal should have just about 5 percentage of Carbohydrates and not more or less than that.
- During the initial stages of your diet, you can reduce the traditional sources of carbohydrates in your everyday meals.
- If your lunch includes three chapatis, then henceforth you should eat just two chapatis.
- Whereas for dinner, make your food light and easy on the stomach. This will prevent constipation, indigestion, uneasiness, a sensation of feeling full, etc.
- Include lots of green leafy vegetables in your diet and make sure that you consume vegetables that have tubers or roots.
- Consume a lot of fresh fruits and you can juice them and consume. Fruits that are rich in both minerals and vitamins, fiber, and everything that your body requires. In addition, they are also known to add lesser calories to the body. Everyday consumption of fruits and vegetables can give you a sufficient amount of Carbohydrates that are required for your body. Consumption of fruits and vegetables makes your tummy to be filled in no time and to feel that fullness for a longer period of time.
- The elderly people and younger children should avoid consuming refined flour as it tends to affect the gastrointestinal system and causes indigestion, uneasiness, and constipation.
- Stay away from food that is packed with calories as it adversely affects the human body.
- Do not consume aerated drinks, foodstuffs that are high in sugar and salt, sodas, juices, and anything else that increases your calorie intake. If you consume search foodstuffs that are packed with calories and sugar, then every effort to reduce weight with the keto diet plan will end in vain.
- The ketogenic diet has been in practice amongst Indians from time immemorial and the diet plan specially tailored for the Indian society and the lifestyle that shoots them. According to the Indian ketogenic dietary plan, every Indian should consume a total of 1600 calories a day. This will include 20 grams of carbohydrates with supplies about tea calories in the human body. The total amount of protein that should be consumed by a person should be 70 grams which supply about 296 calories into the human body and finally, the person under the ketogenic diet plan should also confused about 136 grams of fat with supplies about 1224 calories into the human body. However, if so desired such a person can make changes to the dietary plan according to the type of lifestyle that the person lives as well as the personal preferences and choices.
Why should vegetarians follow a ketogenic diet?
The ketogenic diet has been popular in treating and curing various diseases such as diabetes, Cholesterol, excess fat epilepsy, and other such diseases. However, the majority of people make use of the ketogenic diet in order to reduce weight. It has been observed to be quite effective and many people are adopting this practice. It is not just the non-vegetarians who suffer from an excess of weight and intake of calories, there are several vegetarians also who are actually struggling to keep down the weight and are making plans in their diet. This is due to the fact that the traditional typical vegetarian diet has more cabs in it and a lesser amount of fat when compared to a diet, made up of non-vegetarian food. In some vegetarians, their bodies do not digest the carbohydrates properly which causes them to put on weight and increase of fat in the body and other life-threatening complications.