Email signatures are a regular feature in most email applications and you can add one to your Yahoo Mail account with some adjustments to your settings.
Remark that the process for changing your email signature changes slightly depending on whether you are using Yahoo Mail or Classic Yahoo Mail.
Configuring Yahoo Mail Signature on Classic version
Email subscriptions to Yahoo Mail are automatically added at the end of each reply, forward and new message you create.
A signature can add almost anything; users often add their name and important contact data, such as email address, phone number, and website URL. You can also add marketing passwords, smart quotes or links to your social media accounts.
Adding a Yahoo Mail Signature
Certain instructions detail how to add an electronic signature to the updated version of Yahoo Mail.
- Open Yahoo Mail.
- Click the icon Settings in the above right of the screen.
- From the menu, click Additional Settings.
- In the left menu, click Enter Email.
- Now in the Mailbox section to the right of the menu, under Signature, see the Yahoo Mail account you want to add a signature to and click the switch to the right of it. This activity opens a text box below.
- Inside the text box, enter the email signature you want to connect with emails to be sent from this account.
- There you have some formatting options, including bold text and italics; changing the font style and font size; adding color to the text as well as a background color; the introduction of bullet points; adding links; and more. You can view a preview of how your signature will appear to the left, under the Preview Message.
- When you’re done entering your signature and you’re happy with its layout, click Return to the box at the top left. Your signature is automatically saved, so there is no save button to press.
Adding an Email Signature to Classic Yahoo Mail
If you are using the classic version of Yahoo Mail, follow these steps to create an email signature:
- Click the Settings button in the upper right corner of the page.
- Under the Settings window menu, click Accounts.
- To the right under Email addresses, click on the Yahoo account for which you want to create an email signature.
- Scroll down to the Signature section and review the next box to add a signature to the email you send.
- In the text box, enter your email signature. You can format text in your signature using italics, bold, different font styles, and sizes, background and text colors, links and more extra.
- When you are satisfied with your email signature, click Save at the bottom of the window.
You can’t add a signature in Yahoo Basic Mail
There is a simple version called Yahoo Basic Mail, and there is no formatting option for emails or signatures in this version. If you are in this version, your email signature will be in cleartext.
Online Tools for Creating Email Signature
Well, If you do not want to do all the setup and formatting of an email signature, then don’t worry because some tools enable you to generate and apply a professional-looking email signature template. Those tools often include additional features, such as formatted Facebook and Instagram buttons.
Some email signature tools may add a link back to the generator, which is also included in your signature when using their free versions – but organizations offer an option for you to pay to exclude labeling. They may also need additional information about you, such as your title, business, and how many people work at your company.
WiseStamp & HubSpot offers a free Email Signature generator (along with a paid option to remove their branding).
Setup Email signature for iPhone or Android Yahoo Mail App
If you use the Yahoo Mail app on your mobile device, you can also add an electric signature through it.
- Hit the Yahoo Mail app icon on your device.
- Visit the Menu button in the upper left corner of the screen.
- Touch Settings from the menu.
- Scroll down to the General section and click on Signature.
- Touch the switch in the upper right corner of the screen to enable an email signature.
- Touch inside the text box. The default signature message, “Posted by Yahoo Mail …” can be deleted and reinstated with your signature text.
- Tap Done or if you’re using Android, tap the End button to save your signature.
Read More:- How to set auto-reply in Yahoo mail