SSID on your Netgear extenders is, by default visible to users. This is vital in light of the fact that SSIDs are important to set up an association between an extender and router. Be that as it may, you might need to hide it when you don’t wish to make the IP address of your gadget imperceptible on the web. This action wards off all the IP address-based ads and advancements by those sites that gather your IP when you visit them.
Thankfully, Netgear gives a simple method to cover up and unhide the SSID of your WiFi extender. Stroll through the post to figure out how you can do it. How about we begin!
Prior to proceeding further, how about we take a look at what an SSID is and how it works.
What is an SSID?
The full form of “SSID” is “Service Set Identifier”. It is only a specialized word for a network name. Giving a name to your WiFi organize helps in separating it from other available network names in the neighboring regions. You can see your system’s default SSID in the wake of associating your gadget with the system. At that point, amid your new extender setup, you can transform it according to your very own desire.
You can shroud your extender’s SSID to spare it from clients who need to interface with your system. This is useful for security perspective. And after that, on the off chance that you need to show up once more, you can unhide it by utilizing mywifiext net extender login. Look down to take in the best approach to do that on your Netgear repeater.
Hide the SSID
Prior to beginning the technique, ensure the association between your PC and range extender is appropriate, regardless of whether you are utilizing a wired or remote association. Presently, pursue the means beneath:
- On a web program, open mywifiext net website page
- When the login page appears, give your username and password to sign in to your extender (Note: Enter those certifications that you utilized amid the setup procedure. On the off chance that you transformed it later on, utilize the changed certifications)
- Click on Setup on the left sheet and select Wireless Settings
- Uncheck the alternative saying “SSID“
- Click Save
The new changes will apply and your SSID will never again be unmistakable to other people. On the off chance that you are as yet confounded about the term and would prefer not to make a mistake, it’s prescribed to take help of a specialist professional online to control you.
Unhide the SSID
In the event that you need to make it unmistakable once more, go to your Netgear WiFi extender setup page once more. Here’s the means by which you can do as such:
- Again, check whether the association between your PC and repeater is proper
- Access mywifiext to sign in to your repeater
- Click on the Wireless Settings in the Setup section
- Now, check the container that says “SSID“
- Hit Save to apply these settings
There’s nothing more to it! Your SSID will presently be noticeable to other people.
What to do in the event that you are utilizing an old variant of Netgear Genie?
For those clients who have an old Netgear extender, the following approach for hiding or unhiding the SSID is different. This is because the Genie setup settings are different. Here’s how:
- Head over your WiFi system’s settings
- On your computer, click on the WiFi icon
- Click on the button that says “connect“
- Enter your SSID and click Next
- Enter your password and click Next
That is all you have to cover up or unhide the SSID of your WiFi extender. On the off chance that you confront any issues, you can counsel online experts whenever to help you with solid arrangements.