Hair loss is a common problem. There are many causes for hair loss. Improper cleaning of hairs, bacterial and other infections, exposure to heat and pollution are some of the causes of hair loss. There are some specific reasons such as radiation therapy for cancer patient that causes hair loss and there is hair loss experienced by many women in pregnancy.
Hair loss treatment can be given through diversified sources. Some important remedies are
- Nutrition: Having a controlled diet nourishing our hair can slow down the process of hair loss and help us to have thick and fuller hair on all parts of our heads.
- Shampoo: Some best quality anti hair fall shampoos can prevent hair loss. Regular use of these shampoos can strengthen our existing hair by nourishing scalp and hair roots.
- Laser Light Therapy: Systematically designed and executed laser light therapy can give considerably better relief from hair loss. This therapy helps to stimulate hair follicles so that the process of hair growth can be retained.
- Propecia: This is also known as finasteride which is an inexpensive drug used for treating hair loss. Especially Finasteride 1 mg is used to treat hair loss and the higher dosage of finasteride 5 mg is prescribed for treating benign prostatic hyperplasia (BPH).
- Minoxidil: This is an antihypertensive vasodilator used for treating hair loss. It is available as a generic medication and can provide good results.
- Hair transplant: Hair transplant doctor designs and executes a cosmetic surgery in which the own hairs of a patient taken from a donor area usually back of head portion are transplanted on bald areas which are usually central top portions of head where hairs do not grow naturally once when they are lost. Hair transplant surgery can be performed using two different procedures namely FUE and FUT hair transplant.