On Windows, whether you are using Outlook 2016, 2019 or an older version, the outlook stores your emails locally in a file. This file stores emails, contacts, and calendars depending on the account type for offline mail access.
Usually, these files named OST and PST store all the information related to IMAP or POP account. But OST file is used to store the data of the mails. So, if your Outlook mail is corrupted then it means that OST file is corrupted and the user is not able to extract information from that file.
In this type of scenario, the user could contact a reliable Microsoft Support Phone Number or follow this guide to recover the corrupt file.
The OST file is one of the most reliable files to store information but sometimes the file gets corrupted due to some virus infection or hardware failure. To recover the OST file from this kind of failure you just need to follow some instructions. If you are not able to stay on track with the instructions then you can contact the Outlook support number for extended help from the professionals.
Here we go.
Repair a corrupted OST file (Outlook data file)
No matter which application you are using, you need to close the application to fix the issues related to OST files.
- Go to control panel.
- Tap on User accounts
- Tap on the mail option
- Tap on the show profile button
- Now select the profile you want to repair
- Click on the properties button
- Tap on email accounts button
- Select Data files tab
- Tap on the corrupted account
- Now, tap on the ‘open file location' button
- You'll see the Outlook OST file on that location
- Delete the offline file
- Outlook will create another OST file when it is connected with its server
This will most likely fix all your issues related to corruption of outlook mail but you can contact the Microsoft Office Support Number in case you are stuck on something.
Now let's take a look at how to repair PST file.
- Search for the SCANPST.exe file from the default location of Outlook
- Open the SCANPST.exe (Outlook inbox repair tool) and browse for the PST file from your system
- Tap on start to start scanning the file
- If the errors are found, click on the repair button to repair the errors.