QuickBooks is one of the best multi-tasking accounting and bookkeeping software with handy features. By making use of QuickBooks, many users can work together simultaneously. QuickBooks Database Server Manager (QBDBSM) helps multiple users to use QB. QuickBooks Database Manager allows users to make best use of QB multi-user mode.
QuickBooks Database Server Manager plays an important role in creating. nd files. These network data files are created for QB company files located on the host machine. If in case a user of QuickBooks accounting software is using multiple QB versions, then he or she must install QBDBSM for each of the versions.
Take into your consideration that installing multiple QBDBSM versions will only provide the user the multiple versions of processes. The user will not get multiple software versions. If in case, a user of QuickBooks accounting software is using multiple QB versions, he or she must install QBDBSM for each of the QB versions in a specific chronological order, i.e., starting with the oldest and moving to the newest.
How to install the QuickBooks Database Server Manager?
To install QuickBooks Database Server Manager, you do not have to look for QuickBooks Database Server Manager download as you can install it from QB installer. Follow the steps given below –
- Double-click QB installer.
- If your PC is connected to internet, choose Next. If not connected, choose No and then click on Next.
- Click on Next after closing other open applications or programs.
- Accept license agreement terms.
- Now, you have to choose Custom/Network Options.
- Select one of the two installation type options.
- Click on the Yes button.
- When prompted, you have to type the license and product numbers.
- Complete the installation.
- After installation, you have to setup QBDBSM.
You May Also Read – What is QuickBooks?
How to setup and open QuickBooks Database Server Manager?
You gave to follow the steps given below to configure database services –
- Navigate to Services.
- Find QuickbooksDBXX service and open it.
- Stop it, if it is started.
- Go to the General tab and make Startup type as Manual.
- Go to the Log On tab, click the radio button to show Local System account.
- The option selected on the Recovery tab should be to restart the QuickbooksDBXX service for first, second and subsequent failures.
- Now, again go to the General tab to start the QuickbooksDBXX service.
Follow the steps given below to open the QuickBooks Database Server Manager (QBDBSM):
- First of all, go to Start on the bottom left of your screen.
- Look for Programs and click on it.
- Scroll through the programs list and find QuickBooks.
- Click on QuickBooks.
- Look for QuickBooks Database Server Manager and click on it.
- QBDBSM will get opened.
If you are having any problem with QuickBooks Database Server Manager installation, setup or use, you can call Accountant Squad at its toll-free QuickBooks Desktop Support @ 1-888-502-0363 to get expert and instant technical assistance.