Our phones contain lots of data, and most of it is crucial For example, it contains our photos, messages, important files, contacts, etc. But what if you lose all this data? Scary, right? Thankfully there are many ways through which we can recover our lost data. So, keeping this in mind today, we are sharing with you three data recovery methods that you can use to recover your lost iPhone data.
Note: If your data is lost, then don’t add new data on your phone. Why? Because this may overwrite or delete your lost files from your phone’s memory, which may make it impossible for you to recover your lost data.
Here’s how you can recover your lost iPhone data.
Method 1: Recover Your iPhone Data Using iTunes
It is one of the simplest and quickest ways to recover your data if you lost it accidentally. Following are the steps that you can follow to recover your iPhone data using iTunes:
- Launch the iTunes app.
- Now connect your iPhone with your PC using a USB cable.
- Next, submit your passcode, if prompted.
- After that, please select your device when it appears in iTunes.
- Now tap on the “Restore Backup” option.
- Next, select your most recent backup file.
- Finally, click on the “Restore” option to restore your data on your mobile. Note: If you have encrypted your backup file, you will have to submit its password to restore your data.
Note: Don’t disconnect your phone after it restarts until the sync is completed.
Method 2: Recover Your iPhone Data Using iCloud
It is another quick way to recover your lost data along with your apps and Apple App Store purchases. Following are the steps that you can follow to recover your iPhone data using iCloud:
- Turn on your iPhone.
- Now you will see the “Hello” screen on your mobile.
- Next, carefully follow all the on-screen instructions until you see the “App and Data” screen.
- Now, click/tap on the “Restore from iCloud Backup” option.
- Now login to your iCloud account using your login credentials.
- Select your most recent backup file to start the recovery process. Note: If you are running the old version of iOS on your mobile, then you will be asked to update it before you can restore your lost data on your mobile. To do this, follow the on-screen instructions and update your mobile OS.
- Next, log in with your Apple ID and password. Note: If you are not ready to do this right now, then you can tap on the “Skip” option.
- Now, wait until the restoration process is completed.
Method 3: Recover Your iPhone Data Using iOS Recovery Software
If the above two methods do not work, then you can try using the iOS recovery software to recover your lost data. It is a phenomenal software that allows its users to recover their lost data like call history, messages, photos, etc. So, do try this software if you have lost your mobile’s data. Following are the steps that you can follow to recover your data using iOS recovery software:
- Visit http://www.iphone-ipad-recovery.com/iphone-ipad-ipod-data-recovery.html and download and install iOS recovery software on your PC.
- Now open the software and connect your mobile to your PC using your USB cable.
- Next, tap on the “Start Scan” button.
- Once the scan is completed, the software will show all recoverable data on its screen under different categories like contacts, messages, call history, Photo library, etc.
- Preview all your data before recovering it.
- Now, select the data that you want to recover and click/tap on the “Restore” button. For example, if you want to recover your contacts, then tap on the “Contacts” option from the left side menu (Located under Messages and Contacts section/heading).
- You have successfully recovered your iPhone data using the iOS recovery software.
There you have it, guys, different data recovery methods that you can use to recover your lost iPhone data. So, do use these methods if you have accidentally deleted your iPhone data or have lost it due to a malicious app or virus.
Do you find these methods helpful? If so, do share your experience with us in the comment section.
Esta Lubowitz is a innovative individual who has been writing blogs and articles about cybersecurity. She writes about the modern updates involving office.com/setup and how it can enhance the work journey of users. Her articles have been posted in many famous e-magazines, blogs, and websites.