Microsoft Outlook OST file is a default offline database file, which is created file configuring the Outlook account profile. As the name suggested, it works on the offline mode and allows users to complete their important task of sending and receiving emails. This file becomes quite handy, in places where internet connection is not stable or fluctuate more frequently. Everything you do whether sending emails or creating tasks, calendars or any other activities in Outlook, will be saved in OST file, and whenever a connection is re-established all the offline data sync into the mailbox server automatically.
Microsoft is known for making updates in their application on regular interval for giving better user-experience. Consequently, it’s recently launched the new version of Outlook with the name of Outlook 2019. It has many new features and loaded with the new interface. But this creates much confusion in users mind, as they search for the questions like “how to create new OST file in Outlook 2019”. Well, in this blog we will discuss this topic and gives you an apt answer for this query.
How to create an Offline Folder (.OST) file in 2019
The process of creating OST file as same as older versions of Outlook, follow below bullet point steps to create new OST file in 2019 Outlook.
- On the Ribbon, open the File tab, Tap Account Settings now select the Account Settings
- Under the Account Settings window choose the email account and double tap on it or Tap Change.
- Now click on More Settings option
- Choose the Advanced tab and tap Outlook File Settings.
- Note: If Outlook application is running in online mode, the Outlook Data File Settings will be enabled. To enable it, tap the box Use Cached Exchange Mode.
- In the File, write the path of the file and tap on OK. The default name is Outlook.ost. If the name still exists, write a new name for it.
- If you see this message, “<path> <filename>.ost could not be found. Would you like to create it?” Tap OK: Offline Folder Settings
- Again tap OK then Next, now tap Finish.
By following above mentioned steps you can create a new OST file in Outlook 2019. If you are an Outlook user, you must be aware of the corruption in Outlook OST file. In case, you face any issue related to OST file, use OST to PST Converter Software for instant solution. Manual methods are free of cost but often full of errors. A tiny mistake can damage the whole process and also it takes too much time. Hence, it is suggested to use Outlook OST converter for better and healthy OST file. These OST to PST converter tools are specially designed to troubleshoot OST file errors and problems. One can easily use it without much trouble as the interface is very user-friendly, even the non-technical person can easily perform the OST recovery task.