QuickBooks has been doing wonders in helping businesses deal with their accounting requirements. With the help of its exceptional features, it simplifies your work, and one can access it on both desktop and online. But there are times when users come across certain errors while working with the software. One such issue is QuickBooks error 15243, which acts as a hindrance and stops you from making the proper usage of the software. To solve this error, you can have a word to word conversation with experts at QuickBooks customer care and take their assistance. But before that, you must go through this blog to understand some simple troubleshooting steps in order to fix the error quickly.
Solution 1: Scan for Malware
The most basic solution to fix QuickBooks Error 15243 is to scan your computer and check for viruses. You can refer to the steps below to check your computer:
- Step 1: Click on the anti-virus software icon on the desktop.
- Step 2: Press the ‘Scan’ option and wait for the software to finish scanning.
- Step 3: Complete the recommend changes mentioned on the scan results page.
- Step 4: Reboot your computer and check if the QuickBooks error is resolved.
Since the steps to scan your computer differ based on the software installed on your system, you can call the QuickBooks tech support number and ask for additional assistance in case you encounter an error.
Solution 2: Reinstall the QuickBooks program related to error 15243
- Step 1: Go to the ‘Start’ menu and select ‘Programs and Features.’
- Step 2: In the name section, locate the program related to QuickBooks error 15243
- Step 3: Now, click on QuickBooks related entry and choose ‘Uninstall’ from the top menu.
- Step 4: Follow the on-screen instructions in order to get done with the uninstallation process of QuickBooks error 15243 related programs
Solution 3: Repair QuickBooks File Copy Service
Another possible reason why users encounter Error 15243 is that there is an issue with the file copy service. You can refer to the steps below to fix the QuickBooks File Copy Service and troubleshoot the problem:
- Step 1: Press ‘Windows + R’ on your keyboard and open the Run window.
- Step 2: Go to the window’s search box and type “services.msc.”
- Step 3: Search the list of services and look for Intuit QuickBooks FCS.
- Step 4: Double click the service and open the Intuit QuickBooks FCS Properties window.
When the window opens, change the Startup type and select the Manual option. If you find that the error is still not resolved, you will need to ask for additional assistance. You can call the QuickBooks customer support and speak to a certified software expert to resolve the issue. Technical experts and software technicians are available 24 hours a day to help you resolve any errors you may encounter while running QuickBooks.
Also read about: How to Cure QuickBooks The File Exists Error Message