Hulu is one of the best media streaming services currently operating in the U.S. The service is fully owned by the Walt Disney Direct-to-Consumer and international bunnies segment, which works under The Walt Disney Company. The video-on-demand service was formed back in 2007 and is currently only available in the USA. However, many Hulu users outside of the US use it with VPN encryption.
Hulu Error 94 occurs when you are streaming Hulu and sometimes during startup. This error mostly appears when there are issues in the network connection and when your media streaming device is unsupported by the Hulu app. Let’s fix the error code 94 on the Hulu app.
Method 1: Deactivate Device
Here is how to deactivate the device from the Hulu account:
- On your computer or smartphone, open an internet browser.
- In the URL bar, please enter https://auth.hulu.com/sso/salesforce/login URL.
- Press the green LOG IN button.
- Provide your Hulu account credentials.
- Once logged in to the account, take your mouse cursor over to the block icon located on the upper right corner.
- Now, select the Account option.
- Press the Manage devices option located in the Your Account section.
- Look for the device in which you are facing the Hulu error 94 and then press the Remove button located in front of your device. This will deactivate the device from your Hulu account.
- Now login to your Hulu account in the device you were facing the issue with. There you need to add the code during the logging in process. This will reactivate the device on your Hulu account, and that should fix the Hulu error issue.
Method 2: Turn Off the Device and then Turning it On
Our next solution for fixing the error code 94 on Hulu is by restarting the streaming device. We are going to power off your device for a while, and then we will turn it on again. This will remove the temporary corrupted cached data stored in your device. Here is how to fix the error 94 on Hulu:
- first of all, pull out the power cords of your internet router and the streaming device which you are using to stream Hulu.
- Now long-press the power button of your streaming device for a minimum of 15 seconds.
- Plugin the power cords of both internet router and media streaming devices.
- Now open the Hulu app then see if the issue still persists.
Method 3: Update the Hulu app
In this method, we are going to update your Hulu app in the streaming device in which you are facing the error code 94. See the below instructions for how to update the Hulu app on different OS and devices:
For Windows Users:
If you are facing Hulu error on a Windows device, then please follow these steps:
- On Windows 10 computer, launch the Microsoft Store from the taskbar or Start Menu.
- In the Microsoft Store, head to the three dots situated on the upper-right corner.
- Now choose the Download and Updates option.
- Choose the Get Updates option and then wait while the downloading process gets done.
- The updating process will be done faster if your internet speed is optimized or good. Once the download and update get complete, try to run the Hulu app again.
- See if the error still persists.
For Android Users:
Here is how to update Hulu on Android:
- Head to the Google Play Store app and tap on the Menu icon on the upper left corner.
- Go to My Apps and Games and then choose the Update option from the top tabs.
- Tap on the Check for Updates option.
- After that, tap on the Update link located next to the Hulu app.
- This will start the Hulu update, and then you may need to wait for a while.
- Now open the Hulu app again and see if the Hulu error 94 is resolved.
For Android TV users:
If you are using the Hulu app ion the Android TV, then you have to use the given steps:
- On your Android TV remote, press the Home button to visit the Home screen of your smart TV.
- Head to the Google Play Store icon inside the Apps section.
- Tap on the Auto-Update Apps button.
- After that, press on the “Auto-Update Apps at any time” option.
- The Hulu app will be updated after a few minutes.
For Apple TV users:
- Head to the Settings and then press the Apps option.
- Press the Automatically Update Apps option to update the Hulu app on your Apple TV device.
- Keep in mind that once the app update gets completed, you need to press the Automatically Update Apps option once more to turn it off.
Method 4: Update the OS of Device
Sometimes when the software or firmware of the streaming device gets outdated, then it can cause the Hulu error code 94. You can try to update the operating system of your device to see if that works for you. To update the OS of your device, you can refer to your device manufacturer’s official guide.
Elina John is a self-professed security expert; she has been making the people aware of the security threats. Her passion is to write about Cyber security, cryptography, malware, social engineering, internet and new media. She writes for Mcafee security products at mcafee.com/activate.