Pokémon is a name recognized throughout the world, and the legacy of Pokémon is now being followed in the aspect of video games. Recently the 8th version of Pokémon games, known as Sword and Shield hit the market and despite being criticized, it has scored huge numbers. There are few things that are quite fresh in the game with whom the player is unfamiliar. One of the major aspects is that of XPs and IVs, and players are keen to know the secret of attaining higher XPs and IVs, and the scenario has intended you that in the blog, we are mainly focusing on EVs. Read the whole blog below as it contains all the necessary information that can help you to get higher XPs in Sword and shield.
EVs stand for Effort Values, and they are one of the hidden aspects of Sword and Shield. They are the one that has the efficiency of boosting the Pokémon’s stats, and in the previous generation, Pokémon franchise games players were restricted even to check EVs. However, Sword and Shield give access to the players to reset EVs of their Pokémon.
Ways to Raise EVs
There are three possible sorts of ways to attain or raise the EVs of Pokémon, and they are.
- Poké jobs.
- Battle with Wild Pokémon.
Raise EVs by Poké Jobs
Players can raise their Pokémon EVs in Sword and Shield by using an aspect of Poké jobs. For those who don’t know, Poké jobs are the process that requires players to send their Pokémon on various jobs, and this will avail the Pokémon with 96 EVs. Most of the players of this game consider this aspect not worth, but sending your Pokémon on a job in free time and attaining 96 EVs does not sound something worthless.
Battle with Wild Pokémon
This is another possible method that can attain your Pokémon EVs, and the method requires to fight your Pokémon with a wild one. As we all know that every Pokémon has different abilities that comprise EVs, and battling while holding items can raise your Pokémon EVs. Here are stats for various items efficiency in raising EVs:
- Macho Brace – EV gained x2 along with Speed stat halved, and it is Suitable for Pokérus.
- Power Weight – HP gained+8 along with Speed stat halved, and it is Suitable for Pokérus.
- Power Bracer: Attack gained +8 along with Speed stat halved, and it is Suitable for Pokérus.
- Power Lens: Special Attack gained +8 along with Speed stat halved, and it is Suitable for Pokérus.
- Power Belt: Defense gained +8 along with Speed stat halved, and it is Suitable for Pokérus.
- PowerBand: Special Defense gained +8 along with Speed stat halved, and it is Suitable for Pokérus.
- Power Anklet: Speed gained +8 along with Speed stat halved, and it is Suitable for Pokérus.
Note– Pokérus is a virus that enhances the Pokémon EVs.
Raise EVs by Vitamins
Players can also raise their Pokémon EVs by a consumable item known as Vitamins, and they are the easiest and best way to raise Pokémon EVs. Although Vitamin is quite expensive in the game and if you have got a lot of money in the game, then this is the sort of way for you. Below are some of the vitamins and their capability of raising EVs:
- HP Up : HP +10.
- Protein : Attack +10.
- Calcium: Special Atack +10.
- Iron: Defense +10.
- Zinc: Special Defense +10.
- Carbos: Speed +10.
There are items that appear as Wings and also have the tendency to raise EVS, below are some of the Wings and their capability of raising EVs:
- Health Wing: HP +1.
- Muscle Wing: Attack +1.
- Genius Wing: Special Attack +1.
- Resist Wing: Defense +1.
- Clever Wing: Special Defense +1.
- Swift Wing: Speed +1.
Chloe Decker is a self-professed security expert; she has been making the people aware of the security threats. Her passion is to write about Cyber security, cryptography, malware, social engineering, internet and new media. She writes for Microsoft products at office.com/setup.