Yahoo is considered to be as one of the free webmail services that one can benefit. It is also popular for its user-friendly features that connect with some of the social media sites. Although it is known for its easy accessibility, yet some of its users are facing on how to proceed on Yahoo Account Recovery process.
Steps to Recover Yahoo Account
- First go to Yahoo website in your computer’s web browser.
- Now, click on Sign in option displaced in the upper right of the Yahoo Login Page.
- Then click on the link The Trouble signing in?.
- After that, in the text field, type your email address or phone number in order to recover your Yahoo account. Then click continue option to proceed.
- Retrieve Your Verification Code: Click Yes, text me an Account Key for a phone number or Yes, send me an Account Key for a recovery email address, then follow the below steps.
- Email Address: Open your recovery email address inbox, open the Recover access to your Yahoo account email from Yahoo, and review the 8-character code in the middle of the email.
- Phone Number: Open your phone’s Messaging app, open the text from Yahoo, and review the 8-character code in the message.
- After that, type the 8-character verification code which you retrieved into the text field in the middle of the page. Yahoo will automatically capitalize any letters. Then click on verify button below the verification text box colored in blue.
- If you have multiple Yahoo accounts which use your number or recovery email address, click the one which you want to recover.
- When recovering your Yahoo account on your system, you have the option of resetting your password. You need to do this in order to avoid any future hacking attempts.