Apple has inbuilt features of camera formats to take pictures and videos in HD quality (HEIC) picture and sequence pictures. However, you can use HEIC instead of JPEG files, and your videos will automatically get HEVC instead of H264.
These new features are advantageous to resize your smaller quality photos into High-quality for a little space. You can store more pictures and videos into your iPhone Device. These features were introduced in 2015 and maybe better from an earlier format like GIF. GIFs are more useful to present animated videos and photos nowadays in mobile phones for an update on social media like Facebook, Twitter, Instagram, etc.
HEIC and HEVC files are still not supported in all the devices universally and if you want to take HEIC photos by using your iPhone, they want to send to your friends or family who is using Windows computer.
Here are some methods to export your HEIC files and HEVC files into JPEG files and H264 files. If you continuously send pictures to your relatives and friends who are not using recently launched or current devices, then you can export your photos into JPEG format. It will give you the same quality of your picture in low space. Here is how to save Apple iPhone and Apple iPad pictures export in JPEG from HEIC file format.
1. Click on settings.
2. Hit on Camera.
3. Hit Formats.
4. Change camera format from the default setting to Most Compatible, which is a High efficient setting the can save you picture automatically in JPEG format and Video in H264 file format.
Keep Reading : How to Save HEIC Picture as JPEG On iPhone
Exporting HEIC format to JPEG format on your iPhone device
When you have HEIC format photos in your device and want to export in JPEG format, then you can convert files from using your iPhone because it has inbuilt converter features.
- Photo Editing Application: Using this application, you can export your HEIC photos in JPEG file format because the Apple iPhone photo editing application has a lightroom who supports HEIC file format.
- Email your Picture: Apple Email application automatically export your HEIC photos into JPEG file format, when you Attached or sending your photos via Mail application
- Dropbox Camera Upload: Dropbox application is an inbuilt application in an Apple device that can automatically upload Apple device pictures. You can also upload your HEIC photos to export in JPEG. Here are the steps to do so.
- Open dropbox.
- Tap on Account.
- Tap on Camera Upload.
- Hit on Save HEIC Photos As.
- Tap on JPG.
- Open Drive Camera Upload: It is the same as dropbox. One Drive application also exports your HEIC format photos into JPEG file format while uploading. There is no need to confirm the setting, it exports your JPEG images automatically.
- Image Conversion Application: There are countless applications on Apps store on iPhone devices that export your HEIV photos to JPEG photos. You can check in your application into your iPhone device’s App Store.
Daniel Ryan is a creative person who has been writing blogs and articles about cyber security. He writes about the latest updates regarding norton.com/setup and how it can improve the work experience of users. His articles have been published in many popular e-magazines, blogs and websites.