We all are familiar with the convenient aspects of Chromebook: however, there is a major prerequisite in it; the missing Windows operating system. In the article, we will discuss possible methods to install a Windows operating system in your Chrome Books. If you are looking for these ways too, then follow the below- written methods cautiously.
Download the Office Suite
If you wish to download the office suite, then pursue the given instructions.
- Enter the official site of Microsoft Office from the Chrome web browser.
- Select the ‘Use Free at Office.com’.
- Choose the Sign In option.
- Now, you are asked to type the Microsoft Account ID and Password.
- You will be taken to the page of office.com.
- You have to select the app that you want to use.
- You will be forward to the site of that separate app.
- Now, begin using the online app there.
Install Windows on the Matchable Chromebook
If you would like to install Windows on the matchable Chromebook, then abide by the given steps.
- Disable the Chromebook and flip it over.
- Rotate all screws at the lower to delete the plastic panel and add access to the motherboard.
- You have to locate the write-secure nut. Delete it.
- Attach the lower cover again of the Chromebook.
- You may hold the Esc + Refresh + Power keys during the Chromebook is still turned off.
- The Chromebook will start up and show a text saying that ‘Chrome OS is missing or damaged’.
- Hold the Control + D and Enter key to disable the OS verification. You will boot into the developer mode.
- Now, you are preparing to flash the BIOS From Chromebook within the Chrome OS. To launch the terminal screen, hold the Control + Alt + T buttons.
- Go to the terminal, enter the shell and press the Enter key to access the additional robust Linux shell environment.
- Reach the screen of terminal run it the command: cd ~; curl -L -O http://mrchromebox.tech/firmware-util.sh; sudo bash firmware-util.sh.
- It downloads the file of a script and performs it with the root privileges.
- Choose the option Custom coreboot Firmware (Full ROM) by entering 3 and the Enter button.
- Hit the Y button to accept to flash the firmware.
- Type U to install the UEFI firmware.
- The script will allow you to make a backup copy of the stock firmware of Chromebook and put it on a USB drive. Accept that.
- After completing the backup process, the script will download the alternate Coreboot firmware and flash it onto the Chromebook.
- Turn off the Chromebook.
- You may install the write-protect nut again in case you would like to.
- Visit ‘microsoft.com’ site.
- Select the ‘Download tool now’.
- Choose the ‘Create installation media for another PC’ and download the ISO file.
- You should download and perform the PowerISO tool.
- Insert a USB drive into the system.
- Choose the USB and ‘GPT partition scheme for UEFI and NTFS’.
- Go to the downloaded Windows 10 ISO image.
- Select the Start tab to make a Windows USB drive installation media.
- Now, you are preparing to install the Windows on the Chromebook, so plug the USB drive into the Chromebook.
- Turn it on. This should boot within the USB.
- Insert either a USB keyboard or a USB mouse or both to the Chromebook.
- Usually, install the Windows as on whichever other systems.
- Delete the USB drive if the Windows installer reboots.
- Finally, reboot the Chromebook. This will boot Windows from the internal drive of Chromebook and will finish the setup procedure.