Nowadays everyone has accounts everywhere from financial accounts to the social media accounts secured by passwords. These passwords should be strong, and you should not use the same password everywhere. To remedy that Password Manager came along, whose primary purpose was to create a strong password and store the passwords for a different account.
One of the paramount Password managers is Lastpass because it provides Security, the option between Free and Premium Plan, and a simple UI. The combination of these qualities makes this phone manager stand alone in the crowd. Still, the users of this program are not remained untouched of error messages. There is not any update or technique released by the officials regarding the solutions of issue. Still, many of the data minors a web enthusiast provided the methods to resolve the issue by yourself.
- Update your Version:
Many times the old version can create many bugs, which can lead to glitches. So make sure your software is up to date. For that, you have to go to the official website of Lastpass. Then you can install the latest version of the app.
- Clear Cookies and Change Settings of Cookie:
There are chances that your browser automatically clears the cookies so that no one can access the Lastpass. If your browser is not doing that automatically, you have to change the settings of your browser so that it can block the third party cookie access.
If you wish to do this manually, you have to follow these steps:
Chrome Web Browser
- Launch Chrome.
- Tap on three dots on the top right corner.
- Select the “Settings” in the list.
- Tap on the “Menu Icon” on the left top corner.
- Tap on “Advanced” on the list.
- Then go to “Privacy and Security.”
- Find and click on “Site Settings.”
- Go to “Cookies and Site Data.”
- Here you will find “Clear on exit,” “Block,” or “Allow.” Tap on the “Add button in front of these.
- Enter the URL of Lastpass (lastpass.com).
- When you wish to create the exception, you have to insert [*] in the prefix ([*]lastpass.com).
- Tap on Add.
- Follow steps 1 to 7.
- Tap on the toggle button to Turn on of “Allow Site to Save and Read Cookie Data.”
Firefox Web Browser
- Launch Firefox.
- Tap on the “Shield Icon.”
- Then go to “Protection Setting.”
- After the panel is open, tap on “Privacy and Security.”
- In the new page, you will find “Cookies and Site Data.”
- Then go to “Manage Permission.”
- Here you have to enter the web address (which in this case is lastpass.com).
- Tap on “Allow.”
- Follow steps 1, 2, 3.
- On step 4, Click on “Custom” after entering in “Enhance Tracking Protection” page.
- Now click on the box of “Cookies Checkbox” to uncheck it.
- Disable Extensions:
For this step, you should disable the active extensions of the browser then restart it. Later try to log in to LastPass. In case of success, enable the Extensions one by one to find the problematic Extension.
To disable the Extension, you should follow these steps:
- Launch the chrome.
- Go to Menu Icon, followed by More Tools, and then Extensions.
- Now click on the blue icon in front of active Extension (which will turn into grey).
- Launch Firefox.
- Tap of the Menu icon on the right top corner, followed by Add-ons.
- Tap on Extension, after that, click on More Icon followed by Disable.
- Whitelist Lastpass:
Sometimes, the Firewall or the proxy block the access of LastPass. So you have to make sure that it has the permission of Firewall and proxy.
If giving the permission doesn't work, you can disable the Firewall:
- Tap on the Start button.
- Go to Control Panel.
- Tap on System and Security.
- Select the Windows Firewall.
- Tap on the “Turn Windows Firewall On and Off.”
- Click on the circle of “Turn off the Windows Firewall,” under both Private and Public Network setting.
- Clear the caches of Lastpass:
When you have logged in the LastPass, tap on the LastPass icon under the Toolbar.
- Then go to Tools.
- Tap on Advanced Tools then goes to Clear Local Cache.
- Log out and then log in again.
Note: Make sure that you store the data of LastPass in the Internal Storage device, not in External storage device.
Devin Smith is a creative person who has been writing blogs and articles about cyber security. He writes about the latest updates regarding norton.com/setup and how it can improve the work experience of users. His articles have been published in many popular e-magazines, blogs and websites.