There are several methods to go to the Xbox One without even using the controller. Microsoft has introduced the skill on Google Assistant that enables you to manage common navigation as well as system-level commands on the console via Assistant apps on Android or iOS. Managing Xbox One via voice commands is quite outdated at this time. It was the main feature as it was introduced in 2013 with a defunct Kinect camera and by utilizing the digital assistants Alexa or Cortana. The inclusion of it supports the adds options above the functionality. If there were any constant requirements from users of Xbox to Microsoft, it was accessible of extra choices for using the digital assistants to communicate with a gaming console.
And replying to it, Microsoft has then enlarged the assistant abilities on the Xbox One with Xbox Action. So you may trigger it on the Xbox One. If you need to activate it, then keep on reading to follow the steps.
How to Customize the Google Assistant on Xbox One
Xbox One users can communicate with the playing console in other methods using the command. To set up the Google Assistant.
- Set the power mode to instant on
- Allow the digital assistants
- Connect Xbox with Assistant
Xbox action for Google Assistant allows us to manage Xbox one from Google Assistant or Home allowed device.
Set the Power Mode to Instant On
If you want to set the power mode to instant-on, then you can follow the provided steps:
- Click on the Xbox option to launch the guide.
- Navigate to System.
- Tap on Settings.
- Select the General option.
- Choose the Power mode and startup button.
- Press on the drop-down section option.
- Hit the instant-on option.
Enable the Digital Assistants
If you want to allow the digital assistants, then abide by the given steps:
- Navigate to System.
- Click on Settings.
- Select the Devices and streaming option.
- Choose the Digital assistants button.
- Tap on Enable digital assistants button. Click on An option on the controller to allow a digital assistant.
- Then log in to the Xbox.
Pair the Xbox With the Google Assistant
In case you need to pair the Xbox with the Google Assistant, then you need to follow the offered steps:
As you are managing Xbox with the Assistant, it is important to apply a device name that you have added while setting up. For instance, if you have named the console Xbox then use the commands like
- Hey Google switch on the Xbox
- Hey Google switch off the Xbox
- Hey, Google plays the Gear 5 on Xbox and more.
If not, then you may exchange the device name you have offered while setting up and then apply it. As activating the action, just apply the device name that you have set in the commands, and you are all set to go. Thus in some steps, you may trigger or customize the Google Assistant on Xbox One.