Windows is among the most-reputable OS globally, and Microsoft’s timely updates play a key role in it. Routine Windows updates ensure that your system stays secure and optimized too. However, there can be minor hindrances while updating your OS> One such problem is the error code 0x800703f1. If you are facing it as well, then the blog will be useful to you. So, here are the steps to fix the error.
Launch Windows Update Troubleshooter
In case the user wishes to launch Windows update troubleshooter, then they can pursue the mentioned instructions.
- Go to the Start tab and right-click on it.
- You should click on the Settings option.
- Navigate to the right-hand side and move down unless you view Windows Update entry.
- You have to select it once and choose the Run the troubleshooter.
- Now, wait for Windows check errors and reports back.
Check for Malware via a Full System Scan
In case the user wants to check for malware via a full system scan, then abide by the provided steps.
- Go to the Windows search and enter Security into it.
- After that, select the Virus and threat protection option.
- You should click on the Scan options.
- Now, navigate to the Full scan and choose the Scan now tab.
Uninstall Newest Windows Updates
In case the user wishes to uninstall newest Windows updates, then they can pursue the mentioned instructions.
- Navigate to the Windows search section and input the Control Panel into it.
- You should click on the Enter key.
- After that, reach the Program option.
- Then select the Uninstall a program.
- Go to the left-hand side and click on the ‘View installed updates.’
- You have to select the most current Windows updates.
- Later, select it, and right-click on it then select the Uninstall option.
- Now, restart the Windows and attempt to apply updates again.
Perform DISM and SFC Scans
In case the user wants to perform DISM and SFC scans, then abide by the provided steps.
- Navigate to the Windows search and enter ‘cmd’ into it then hit the Enter key.
- After that, reach the Command Prompt from the search results and right-click on it.
- Then click on the Run as administrator.
- You will see the freshly launched screen, enter the pursuing command then hit the Enter key: ‘sfc /scannow’.
- You have to wait until completes the scan process and solve the system errors.
In case it’s doesn’t guide you, then you can use the DISM utility- it should run a cleanup and recovery of the OS.
- Launch the Command Prompt with administrative privileges again.
- Enter the pursuing command and press the Enter key: DISM /Online /Cleanup-Image /RestoreHealth.
- Now, the scan process might perform for a while.
Reboot Windows Update Service
In case the user wishes to reboot the Windows update service, then they can pursue the mentioned instructions.
- Hold the Win + R keys altogether on the keyboard to launch the Run dialogue box.
- After that, enter ‘services.msc’ then press the Enter key.
- You should move down to Windows Update tab.
- Later, right-click on it then choose the Restart option.
- Now, reboot the system.
Reset Windows Update Components through Command Prompt
In case the user wants to reset Windows update components through command prompt, then abide by the provided steps.
- Enter to Command Prompt (Admin) as described in step 4.
- Enter every command, holding Enter after every one of them:
- net stop wuauserv
- net stop cryptSvc
- net stop bits
- net stop msiserver
- ren C:WindowsSoftwareDistribution SoftwareDistribution.old
- ren C:WindowsSystem32catroot2 Catroot2.old
- net start wuauserv
- net start cryptSvc
- net start bits
- net start msiserver
Check the Drivers
In case the user wishes to check the drivers, then they can pursue the mentioned instructions.
- Go to the Start, and right-click on it then select the Device Manager.
- You should open the Display adapters field.
- Reach the NVIDIA driver and choose the Uninstall Device.
- You have to choose the option ‘Delete the driver software for this device’.
- Then click on the Uninstall option.
- Restart the system and open the Device Manager once more.
- Go to the upper side of the screen, ‘select the Scan for hardware changes’ option.
- Now, you have to wait until Windows installs fresh drive drivers.
Install Windows Again
In case all things fail, you can attempt to install the Windows again. There are multiple methods you can avail of, but the offical one is always prefreable.