iPhone driver is mandatory to connect an iOS device with Windows. However, in some instances, a corrupt driver can hinder your experience. If you are facing the issue as well, then we can help you out. Here are the steps to get rid of the Windows 10 Apple iPhone driver error.
Update iPhone Driver
If you wish to update the iPhone driver, then pursue the given instructions.
- Go to the iPhone and disconnect it from the PC.
- Check that the device is unlocked the screen and connect again to the system, ensure that to use the standard Apple USB cord. In case you view iTunes launch up, shut it.
- Reach the Cortana box, enter ‘Device Manager’ and launch the program.
- Navigate to the Device Manager, find and open the Portable Drivers field.
- Go to the iPhone model, and right-click on it, then select the Update driver.
- Select the ‘Search automatically for updated driver software’ option.
- Windows will then browse for upgraded drivers automatically and install them.
- Now, reboot the system and check whether the issue has been resolved.
Upgrade Windows 10
If you would like to upgrade Windows 10, then abide by the given steps.
- Navigate to the Start and then select the Settings.
- You should click on the Update and Security.
- In case you view a fresh update applicable, select the Download upgrade.
- Whether you view pending upgrades, select the Install.
- Now, reboot the system.
Run a Forced Installation of a Device Driver
If you wish to run a forced installation of a device driver, then pursue the given instructions.
- Go to the iPhone and disconnect it from the system.
- You should unlock the iPhone and link it to the system.
- Hold the Win + R keys together paste the pursuing path:
- FilesAppleMobile Device
- Hit the Enter key.
- Launch the View button.
- Reach the Hide/Show field, check the File Name Extensions option.
- Locate the file of ‘usbbaapl.inf’ or ‘inf.’ Select it, then right-click on it and select Install.
- Then you will require to do the similar for every file with the ‘.inf’ extension inside the folder.
- Now, disconnect the mobile and reboot the PC. Upon reboot, link the iPhone and launch iTunes.
Check Apple Phone Device USB Driver is Installed
If you would like to check the Apple phone device USB driver is installed, then abide by the given steps.
- Go to the Start, and right-click on it, then select the Device Manager.
- Reach the Device Manager, move down to ‘Universal Serial Bus Controller’ and open the field.
- You should browse for Apple Mobile Device USB.
- After locating the driver, select it, and right-click on it, then choose the Disable option.
- Now, right-click on it again, then choose the Enable option.
Reboot Apple Phone Device USB Driver
If you wish to reboot the Apple phone device USB driver, then pursue the given instructions.
- Reach the iPhone and disconnect it from the system and shut the iTunes.
- After that, hold the Win + R keys together.
- Enter ‘services.msc’ then hit the Enter key.
- Go to the Services screen, browse for Apple Mobile Device.
- Select it, and right-click on it, then choose Properties.
- Adjust the type of Startup to Automatic.
- Select the Stop tab to prevent the service.
- Choose the Start tab to begin it again.
- Pick OK to apply the changes.
- Now reboot the PC and launch the iTunes.
Uninstall iTunes and Download it from Apple Site
If you would like to uninstall iTunes and download it from the Apple site, then abide by the given steps.
- Reach the Settings and choose the Apps then uninstall the iTunes.
- Click on the iTunes official download screen.
- Beneath checking for other versions, select the Windows.
- Now, go to the version of iTunes and download a compatible one.