In the App Store, there are several applications that work through purchasing subscriptions. But what happens if you are no more using that particular application. If you are paying to the App Store for any application you are not using, then you can cancel its subscription.
App Store does not automatically cancel the subscription when you uninstall the application or stop using it. Canceling the subscription from the iOS device and from iTunes are two different things, and the process of doing it is also different. Any application you use, renew its subscription on a particular day, and to avoid paying money, you need to cancel the subscription before renewing.
Most of the applications that ask subscriptions for using, they provide a trial period of using to know about the application of how it works. If you are satisfied with the application, they will get paid, and the circle of renewing will start. Subscription never deducts money without purpose. If your subscription is ongoing, you will need to pay until you cancel it. To stop monthly billing, you can cancel your subscription through iTunes and iOS.
How to Cancel App Store Subscription
Apple allows its users to cancel the subscription in several ways. You can cancel subscription from iPad or iPhone by entering your Apple ID; furthermore, if you use Mac or Window computer, then you need the iTunes tool for canceling the subscription.
Cancel App Store Subscription Through iOS
In iOS, the procedure is absolutely simple. In order to cancel the subscription, you just need to open “Settings.” While canceling the subscription, keep in mind, you don’t have any pending payment to pay and have an updated version of iOS. After you disconnect with service, you will be notified of the email that you linked. In your iPhone or iPad device follow it:
- Open “Settings.”
- School down and press on the “iTunes & App Store.”
- Choose the option “View Apple ID” to manage subscriptions.
- Sign in to iTunes store by Face ID or Touch ID if asked.
- Click on the “Subscription” icon.
- A list of subscription applications will show up.
- Press on the application you want to cancel the subscription.
- Tap on the “Cancel Subscription” to end monthly renewing.
Cancel App Store Subscription Through iTunes
The situation might happen when you don’t have an iPhone, so in this condition, you can access your Windows or Mac device. To cancel the subscription, you need to install the latest version iTunes on the device. In Mac, iTunes is already installed, and in Window, you can install from the website of Apple. After installing iTunes just follow:
- Run the iTunes tool and log in with the account you are willing to manage subscription.
- Tap on the “Account” to Sign In with the account.
- Scroll to the bottom and tap on the “Settings” option to look to the “Subscription” column.
- The total number of applications will show up in the subscription section.
- Tap on the preferred application and tap on the “Edit” icon.
- Press on “Cancel Subscription” to end subscriptions with specific applications.
After you cancel the subscription, you will be notified of the mail. You will receive mail from apple about the billing of application with service charge and amount that paid. The process of cancel subscription is genuine; additionally, without permission, no subscription activates.
Devin Smith is a creative person who has been writing blogs and articles about cyber security and utility software programes. He writes about the latest updates regarding office.com/setup and how it can improve the work experience of users. His articles have been published in many popular e-magazines, blogs and websites.