Sometimes, the address bar of Mozilla Firefox seems something different. When you launch a fresh tab, then you will encounter that the address bar launches automatically. It also replaces the traditional address pane with the revamped search panel. It shows a mini URL section and sometimes doesn’t consists of http// and www into the newly launched search panel. In case you wish to modify the same, then you will have to read the whole article.
Restoring Earlier Firefox Address Pane
In the newly expanded URL panel, the fonts also changed to a new one and faced some issues such as http:// and www. It sometimes also holds some of the encrypted sites and ads. To modify the same, you have to follow these guidelines:
- First and foremost, hit the Preference page of your Mozilla Firefox browser.
- Then, modify the value in the update section of your browser’s URL section.
- After that, change the value for your “valuebrowser.urlbar.openViewOnFocus” option there.
- Make sure that the URL section is showing the traditional web style as “http//.”
Navigating the Preference Page of Mozilla Firefox
- First and foremost, hit the Mozilla Firefox browser to launch on your screen.
- Then expand the tab “New Page” address pane and insert the keywords “about.config” into the provided section and hit the Enter button there.
- After that, if you view the alert message, then deny it and proceed to the next step.
- Next, tap on the Accept button for allowing the Preference page to load on your screen.
Modifying the Value for your Web Browser into “.urlbar.update”
- Once the page of your Firefox preference panel loads completely, enter the keywords into the blank section of the search panel:
- Choose it properly and modify the value from True to false by double hitting the entry bar.
Modifying Value for “valuebrowser.urlbar.openViewOn Focus.”
- First of all, search for the option “valuebrowser.urlbar.openViewOnFocus” and set it into the False option.
- Once you have completed all the above steps and modifications, reboot the device and then launch the Firefox once more. It will accept all these changes.
- Once you have finished the final stage, the Firefox bar will be shown, and then your address pane will automatically restore the Mozilla Firefox.
- One can set other preferences for false entry. It will deactivate the newly modified address section appropriately.
Using “About: config” Page
In case, you are still facing issues on your Mozilla Firefox; then you can turn the New Search section to Off by using the about: config window:
- First of all, launch the Firefox and then enter the keywords “about config” into the search section and tap the Enter button.
- Then, I hit the confirm tab. It will be denoted as “I’ll be careful,” or sometimes “I promise.”
- After that, enter “one-off” into the Filter section and search for the below-mentioned key:
- Then, the entry will set to Yes (True): “browser_search_show_OneOff_Buttons.” Then double-tap on the same option and apply the right mouse click and choose the appropriate Toggle.
- Set up the option to False.
- Reboot the Firefox and your device too to make the modifications accepted from your device. This action will definitely deactivate the one_click search UI into the Firefox browser, and thus you will get the old and traditional way to classic search.
Using Classic Theme Restorer Extension
Use this method of Classic Theme Restorer Extension and avail the accessibility features of the traditional Mozilla Firefox browser on your device.
- First and foremost, install the extension of Classic Theme Restorer Extension.
- After that, deactivate the Old Search feature option that will be available inside the section of the General UI extension option. This action will automatically restore all the old classic features on your device.
- To deactivate the search suggestions and to delete the one-click search tab from your browser, once you can use the search tab or the new tab feature on the latest editions of Mozilla firefox.
- After performing these things, hit the preferences tab and navigate towards the section of the Search button there.
- Hit the option “Change Search Settings” t directly avail various features of the Search tab provided on the browser’s screen.
- Then you can unmark any of the unwanted search sections, and it will automatically be removed from the new search tab.
Elina John is a self-professed security expert; she has been making the people aware of the security threats. Her passion is to write about Cyber security, cryptography, malware, social engineering, internet and new media. She writes for Mcafee security products at mcafee.com/activate.