Windows updates are intended to keep the users secure and updated, but in some cases, the users have reported facing high latency and ping issues after a recent update. So, if you are troubled with the same issue, then here are the instruction to fix the error.
Disable Windows 10 Delivers Updates
- First of all, navigate to the Settings on your PC.
- After that, click on the Update and Security tab.
- You should reach the Windows Update option and select the Advanced options.
- Go to the ‘Choose how updates are delivered’ and select it.
- Then reach the ‘Updates from more than one place’ and disable it.
Stop Unnecessary Background Download
- Navigate to the Settings on your system.
- After that, reach the Network and Internet option.
- Then select the Wi-Fi option.
- Go to the Advanced Options button.
- You should locate the Metered Connection and enable it.
Find the App through Network Connection
- Hold the ‘Ctrl+Shift+Esc’ buttons over the keyboard to invoke the Task Manager.
- After that, click on the Network option to order the procedures using network usage.
- Now, locate the procedures that are using the network and disable it.
- Also, you should reach to the Startup section and turn off these procedures within the starting using Windows 10.
Modify the Settings of Wireless Network Adapter
- Reach the Wireless button on the lower left-hand side of the taskbar.
- After that, click on the ‘Open Network and Sharing Center.’
- You should click on the ‘Change adapter settings’ option.
- Go to the wireless connection, and right-click on it, then select the Properties option.
- You have to select the Configure option.
- Now, select the Advanced section and modify the pursuing values and apply the settings.
Turn off Wi-Fi Sense
- Hold the Windows and I buttons over the keyboard to invoke the Settings app.
- After that, click on the Network and Internet tab.
- Reach the Wi-Fi tab on the left-hand side panel.
- Now, select the ‘Manage Wi-Fi settings’ and turn off all appropriate options.
Turn off Location Tracking Service
- Go to the Settings application on your PC.
- After that, go to the Privacy tab and click on it.
- Navigate to the left-hand side panel and select the Location option.
- Then select the Change option.
- Now, switch the toggle of ‘Location for this device’ to disable it.
The article is about the ‘ping problems with games’ issue. Through the article, we will help users fix ‘ping problems with games’ issue. It is advisable to be aware while reading the article to avoid any mistakes while implementing these guidelines.
Laura Barton is a creative person who has been writing blogs and articles about cyber security. She writes about the latest updates regarding mcafee.com/activate and how it can improve the work experience of users. Her articles have been published in many popular e-magazines, blogs and websites.