iOS 13.5 is expected to introduce a lot of new features, and engineers are working hard to provide you with the best of software’s. Talking about iOS 13.5, below mentioned are the new features and the steps to perform them for testing further:
Making an Archived Backup of an iPhone
Backing up your iPhone is essential in this process as anytime you make changes to the Beta, you might risk your data. Steps to back up are:
- Connect your iPhone to your PC or Mac.
- Set iTunes in motion.
- When the menu bar appears, select the iPhone option.
- Setting backup to ‘This Computer’ is a crucial step.
- Select ‘Back up now’ which will start with backing up your data.
- In the menu bar, select iTunes and tap on ‘Preferences.’
- The Devices tab will appear; therefore, click on it.
- Choose the ‘Archive’ option from the list of options.
- Once your data is archived, iOS 13 cannot be overwritten.
Installing iOS beta using iTunes
- On your Mac, go to developer.apple.com.
- Select the ‘Discover’ button.
- Select the ‘Operating System Buttons’ on the top of the screen.
- Tap Download.
- Now you need to sign inn with your Developer’s id and password.
- iOS 13 Beta settings have the ‘Download Restore Images’ section. Tap on it.
- Select ‘iOS Restore Image’ and select the device you want to install it on.
- At the top of the beta software, select ‘Applications.’
- Download XCode 11 by clicking on the download button.
- In the applications folder, open iTunes.
- iPhone and your Mac must be connected.
- In the iTunes section, tap on the iPhone icon. You might have to enter your Apple password.
- Tap on ‘Check for Update’ along with holding the Option key.
- Tap on Downloads wherever you have iOS 13 Restore image.
- Selecti 13 Restore image and tap Open.
- Following the steps above will let you download iOS 13 on your iPhone.
- Tip: Plugging off your iPhone from your Mac will stop the process.
Installing iOS beta using a Profile
For working with these updates, you need to have a Developer’s account with Apple or else the process won’t be possible.
- Search for developer.apple.com in the search bar of your iPhone.
- Select the ‘Discover’ option.
- On the top of the screen, select ‘Operating System Buttons.’
- Select Download.
- As mentioned above, you need to have a developer’s account for the process, enter your developer’s id and password.
- Click on the download option in iOS 13 beta. The software will begin downloading on your IPhone.
- Close the current window and open settings.
- Select the ‘Profile Downloaded’ option. Install button will start the installation.
- After you begin with your Installation process, you need to re-start your IPhone to make the changes.
If you want your iPhone to automatically install and update software:
- Tap on your Settings icon on your home screen.
- Select ‘General’ and then ‘Update Software.’
- Update version will appear on the screen, tap “Download and Install.”
- You need to enter your password if it asks for, and agree the conditions.
- Youri will turn off and start its update installation.