The physical theme park ride known as Star Wars: Rise of the Resistance by Disney is one of the most advance rides in the entire world. You might not have been to Star Wars: Rise of the Resistance due to some reasons. This ride was started just a few months back on December 3, 2019, at Star Wars: Galaxy’s Edge in California.
There could be many reasons why you didn’t enjoy the ride to date such as you might stay far away from the location or you didn’t get time to visit the theme park. However, now if you want to visit there and enjoy the ride, you won’t be able to do so due to the current pandemic.
The good news is that Disney has recently created a mind-bending virtual ride of its iconic Star Wars: Rise of the Resistance ride. On May 4, 2020, Disney launched the virtual ride on the Disney Parks YouTube channel of its newly started physical amusement ride.
The virtual ride is superlative, and you will get the real-world vibe with the 1080P resolution while playing on a big screen with a powerful speaker system. The ride has a remarkable presentation and cinematography.
We will recommend you to watch it carefully to experience the ride by simply visiting the Disney Park YouTube channel. Wear headphones for immersive sound experience and to get them all sound effects added in the video. The best thing is that everyone can watch this virtual first-person experience of the Rise of the Resistance ride.
Here’s what we have found in the Disney’s complete virtual ride clip and how it compares with the actual experience in the physical ride:
- The virtual ride skips many things that you will experience in the real world ride in Disney’s magical world powered by the most advanced technology.
- The video clip skips the first set where we talk with Rey.
- We don’t get the scene where the Star Destroyer captures the transport and also note that it has many breathtaking virtual experiences.
- Also note, in the prison cell scene, you are not told that Hux and Kylo Ren were there as well.
- At 1:18 you get the first-person view of the probe droid path; it is a ride in the physical world. It is portrayed a little diverse in the virtual version; however, it feels pretty much real.
- At 1:31, look carefully on your left, and you will see the unseen Finn’s electro-mechanic puppet, also called animatronics.
- At 1:35, carefully see the overlay text, and you will notice that these scenes are highlighted more in the actual ride.
- At 1:48, on the upper-left corner of your screen, you will see the animation puppets of Hux and Kylo characters.
- At 1:55, It is the best part of the ride. You hear Ray’s theme song in the background and Kylo Ren coming to attack you. This scene in the physical ride is very frightening, and many people scream like Kylo Ren really going to attack.
- At 2:24, you will see a hidden transport located between the first two blaster guns on the left. Nobody knows why it was placed there for an unseen reason.
- At 2:43, Kylo Ren tries to prevent you from leaving the spaceship but gets knocked out of the aircraft itself when the wall behind him gets destroyed. If you see that scene more carefully, you will notice that the hole behind Kylo Ren triggers due to a propelled scrap from an explosion of another spaceship. Then you see Kylo Ren flying away from the spacecraft. That scrap that hits the wall behind Kylo Ren is one of the best easter eggs in the ride.
This was what we found in the clip, and it is probably the best science fiction virtual ride we have ever experienced.