Connecting to a second monitor is useful for boosting the productivity of the operating system as well as for improving your multi-tasking experience. However, despite the fact that the second monitor is helpful and works wonders; users sometimes face issues with it like “Windows 10 is unable to detect the Second Monitor” even after being connected to the operating system.
So, whoever is reading, if you also have recently encountered this problem, then no need to worry more, as you can troubleshoot this issue with following our below-given guide:
Solution 1: Try Hardware Troubleshooting
It is suggested that before moving to more advanced steps, you should do some hardware troubleshooting and to do so follow these steps:
- Check whether you’re using a bad cable conductor or not. If yes, then immediately change it.
- Check all your cable connections and ensure they’re well-connected.
- As your monitor has many input points, try changing it one by one to check whether the problem has been resolved after doing so or not.
- Your old or out-dated firmware may be causing the issue, so try acquiring the latest one to resolve this error.
- Try connecting your second display with another device because sometimes your old PC display problem is the main culprit behind the issue.
- Give your system a quick reboot to check whether you’ll be able to resolve the “Second monitor not displaying Windows 10” error or not. If not then, move on to the advanced solutions (given below).
Solution 2: Update and Re-install Graphics Drivers
Sometimes the main culprit behind the “Windows 10 not detecting the second monitor” error is your corrupted or out-dated version of Graphics Drivers. So, to fix it, what you need to do is simply update your Graphics Drivers with these given steps:
- Press and hold ‘Windows key’ to open the ‘Windows Search bar.’
- There, type ‘Device’ and from the available option, click on the ‘Device Manager’ in order to open it.
- Under it, locate the category of ‘Display Adapters’ and click on it to expand it.
- From its expanded contents, you have to click right on the ‘Device’ to further choose the ‘Update Driver’ option.
- After that, click on ‘Search automatically for updated driver software’ so that your Windows will automatically download the latest graphic drivers for you.
- That’s it! Install the graphic drivers with the help of on-screen instructions and then restart your Windows 10 system to check whether your PC is now able to detect the second monitor or not.
Now, if your Second monitor detected but has no signal then, in this case, what best you can do is try to fix it by disabling and re-enabling your display adapters.
Solution 3: Re-enable Display Adapters
- To do so, open ‘Device Manager’ and from it click on ‘Display adapters’ to expand it.
- Then click right o the display device software in order to select ‘Disable Device’ from the available contextual menu.
- After that, again click right on the display device to select the option of ‘Enable device’ from the same contextual menu.
That’s it! This way, you’ll surely be able to fix the “Second monitor not displaying Windows 10” issue easily.